The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Honda no longer offer this service, therefore archived.
By Fire_2
hes a pretty good guy, hehe

wait for the old people garden center lunch :roll: and maybe a coffee in little chief if ur lucky
By Ozza
Got mine 2 day's before you on the 17th with him. Looking forward to it. I'll post what happens on the day when I get back
By chinoky
i had a session with Steve Morley today. A great guy and good instructor, teaches you to be a progressive driver. It took awhile to adjust to his style of driving but if you perfect the 'limit point' driving system it works a treat. Advantages include- less strain on engine, smoother ride, less braking, better interception of traffic and a few other things i can't remember off the top of my head. His driving commentary is amazing, picks up every little detail and his hazard perception is second to none.

Overall a fun day out. One thing though if your thinking its about mastering the vtec or incoperating it better in your driving you'll be disappointed. I don't think he even used it once. But thats not what the mac course is about.
By chinoky
Sibine wrote:May 19th, 8:30am.... looking forward to it to be honest.

Anything I should be doing before the day?! haha!
check the tyre pressure :P
By Sibine
Thanks mate. Sounds like its going to be good.

Haha at tyre pressures. I need to do them tonight :D
By Ozza
Had mine yesterday, and i got caught out with the tyre pressure :smile: . Steve had to pump all four up :oops: going need to check those more often.

Had a brilliant day and learnt a lot. It's not a speed freaks course. It's all about driving efficiently and progressively. The one thing that I learnt is that people brake alot more than they need to.
By SpaceMonkey
I did mine with Steve & he's a diamond imo.

Honest down to earth bloke & tells it hows it is.

And boy can he drive :twisted:
By Sibine
Well I had my course on Thursday last week. All my tyres pressures were pretty good and we were all tanked up.

He said my attitude to driving was very good so I got off to a good start :)

I was totally taken-a-back with his commentry when driving, something it will take time but worthwhile to practice.

He adjusted my mirrors a bit and really made the day alot more enjoyable.

Very very good and really made me go away and think about my driving. The following day I was on holiday in France and as it was quiet was a good time to perfect some of the things he'd told me - I found it alot more of a relaxed drive and much more enjoyable.

:) Really impressed.
By Ozza
Oh.... he also taught me how to park the CTR because I was rubbish at it. Now it's soooo easy

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]