The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By Nealy
I thought I'd let you know what my Honda Dealer is doing about my warrenty claim!!!!

1) I've got scratches on the sliding cover on the centre console - Honda say that it is wear and tear and not covered under warrenty!!! (Looks like a design fault to me!!!!)

2) My steering rack is f****d because all of the ball bearing have disintegrated!!! Making creaking noise and the steering is really loose and none responsive - Honda are replacing but it is getting worse. They say my steering will not fail!!!!

3) My Downpipe on my cat has gone, so whenever I put my foot down it sounds like the tappets on a MK3 Fiesta!!! - Honda are replacing cat and possibly manifold on Tuesday aswell.

4) I have paint peeling off my sideskirt (Only a small bit but it annoys me!!) - Honda say it is not covered under warrenty because it is a plastic part - the paint warrenty is only on the metal bodywork!!! (B**LOCKS!!!!)

Has anybody else had these problems as I wouldn't mind knowing if anybody has had different outcomes from different dealers????!!! :?:
By Papillon
Is it the dealer or Honda UK that are saying this?
By EvoStu
If it's your dealer saying this then you need to get clarification from Honda UK on the items you feel agrieved about.

Call the Honda UK customer service team number and you'll be able to get a answer directly from them.

EvoStu.
By EvoStu
Its the dealer. They have been good with my steering rack and my cat seeing as the car is lowered 40mm.

Should I wait to get this fixed before I kick off with the paint and centre console????

I'd ring Honda UK today and find out what their views are.

Warranty claims & service levles do vary from dealer to dealer though. It's surprising just how much it varies as well.

EvoStu.
By Nealy
Its the dealer. They have been good with my steering rack and my cat seeing as the car is lowered 40mm.

Should I wait to get this fixed before I kick off with the paint and centre console????
How come I posted the above and it came up as EvoStu??????
By Captain Redbeard
Nealy wrote:

He must have deleted the
part by mistake.
By Papillon
Aha! We have discovered the secret of Evostu's high post count! Stealing others' posts are you?

Damn you sir! Come clean and act like a gentleman! :wink:
By EvoStu
Mummock wrote:
Nealy wrote:

He must have deleted the
part by mistake.
That was exactly what happened.

Nealy here is the details for Honda UK customer service mate.

Call our Contact Centre on
0845 200 8000 from
8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, and 10 am - 4pm
Saturday and Sunday.

If you wish to raise a concern with regard to our products or service, we have a dedicated customer relations team for Cars, Motorcycles and Power Equipment.

Unfortunately we are unable to enter into e-mail correspondence about these, but our customer relations teams can be contacted on the following numbers during normal office hours:

Cars:
01753 590760

Motorcycles:
01753 590510

Power Equipment:
01753 590545

http://www.honda.co.uk/contact/contactForm.jsp

Hope this helps?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

EvoStu.
By Nealy
Thanks Evostu. I'll call them about it. I keep everybody posted.

Regards to you stealing my post though!!!!! I posted it how I normally do!!!!
By EvoStu
Nealy wrote:Thanks Evostu. I'll call them about it. I keep everybody posted.

Regards to you stealing my post though!!!!! I posted it how I normally do!!!!
I'll move this to the faults and fixes so it's easier for you and us to find Nealy ok?

EvoStu.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]