The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By Annihilation
Hey had enough of the 3am wake up calls for my sexy baby, so i poppe dit in to honda garage and they replaced the parts needed and no more wake up calls :)

What i need to know also though is the fix for the creaky noise by the wheels when its cold, when it s hot its something to do wiht my springs and i know i ogtta fix that my self as its lowered but i ehard the creak is somethign to do with the steering rack??

Thanks
By GP Shop
Hi,

regarding alarm problems, make sure you slam the bonnet and boot shut as this is the most common problem for false alarms.
By Big Lew
The 03 models have new sensor unit for the alarm (according to my dealer) which causes false alarms. I had many of these and had the sensor unit replaced and all is well.

The interim fix to stop the alarm going off was a little high tech - stick sellotape over the two sensors on the unit.
:wink: - another 03 model in the same resident parking garage as me (three CTR's in the same one :D) had the same problem.
By T-Bone
:x

I Have an 02, it was giving false alarms at 2am in the morning. It then started cutting the immobiliser in while driving the vehicle. Took it it to the dealers & they fitted a new mother board on the alarm. Never looked back.
By seany
My 03 has been fine so far.
It only went off when i was jet washing it.
Why i dont know but it aint done it since.
Seany
By NigeCTR
My 03 has been fine so far.
Its a temperature related problem on the interior sensors PCB....wait until the winter comes Seany......Alarm goes off once it drops below freezing (don't ask me why..)

I'd go and get your PCB changed for the new version before the winter arrives and you have to run outside to keep switching the alarm off.

A quick fix is to....
1) Get out of car.
2) With door still open, lift door handle and then, with the handle still raised, push down the door 'lock' button.(as if you were locking the door from the inside)
3) Keep holding the door handle and shut the door.
4) The alarm will then set automatically (indicators flash) but isolates the internal sensors.

It leaves the inside of the car unprotected, but at least nobody can drive your baby away.....and it stops you having to get up in the middle of the bloody night
:roll:
By Jeff
seany wrote:My 03 has been fine so far.
Why i dont know but it aint done it since.
Seany
After reading about the 03 alarm problems on here I thought I'd got away with it. Took delivery of the car late Feb, first cold weekend in April the alarm went off 3 times in one night!

Just had the PCB replaced this morning, keeping 'em crossed it's fixed it.
By johnny74
had my car 4 a week when the alarm kept on going off took it in to the honda dealer a=had it done

not gone off since
By bluzed
Had PCB changed after three weeks but alarm still going off. Waiting for new alarm, dealer says it is an uprated box.(03 car)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]