The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...

does your car pull to a side for no reason?

Pulls to the Left
25%
Pulls to the Right
52%
Does not pull
23%
I voted 'Pulls to the Left'

Mine does it intermittently, under normal driving conditions. How is this different to tramlining? I need to replace my tyres, so I will replace them, and do the balancing and 4 wheel alignment then let y'all know :-D

*edit to add*
Mine is an '04' facelift, with two Bridgestone RE040 and two Pirelli P Zero.
BlakMagik wrote:voted. Pulls to the right! Got it a wk ago, if centred, pulls right, if turned left, it tugs to go to centre/right, if turned right n doesnt centre. Goes right even if road camber's goin left! Had 2 new front tyres and tracking done and still does it! Y? Help! Grrr.
did you check rear alignment aswell, or just front?

Cheers, sam.
great stuff!! :P....car was pulling to the right etc, so took car to honda, said there was nothing wrong just needed wheel alignment done. So i went to wembley tyres and they said that the rear offside tyre was out but my anti-roll bar had been moving about so they think that the bushes are bugered. There were suprised that honda didnt spot this! They did the wheel alignment which sorted it a bit but am just gona get a new front anti-roll bar! Does anyone have any suggestions?? cheers
Last edited by BlakMagik on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlakMagik wrote:voted. Pulls to the right! Got it a wk ago, if centred, pulls right, if turned left, it tugs to go to centre/right, if turned right n doesnt centre. Goes right even if road camber's goin left! Had 2 new front tyres and tracking done and still does it! Y? Help! Grrr.

+ 1

and this is after getting 4 wheel alignment and wheel balancing done. (not that the balancing would come into it).
Its spoiling my fun!

I would like to know how much a fix will cost too...??
My CTR 04 plate, only noticed it today, since I have had geo settings and coilovers fitted. The steering wheel bends a bit to the right when you drive in a straight line, now when you move the steering wheel exactly straight so the honda badge is facing upwards/towards you, it seems to go to the left abit. I wonder if this is the tracking that needs to be done, when I brake the car doesnt pull, and when I vtec it well I don't notice anything.
It is a very weird one generally

I have noticed play in my steering rack when working under the car, I do t know if this would still be there when the car is running/driving

I do know that when I get wheel alignment sometimes the car pulls or tracks off centre, or both, but generally speaking after enough mileage it centres itself - I guess this is the tyres wearing in

in fact sometimes after uber thrashing it tracks off centre and then soon after comes back

mine basically tracks ok now after much faffing and coilovers changes etc, I have now settled on 0 toe, -2.5 camber and it kinda feels like no other car i have driven, the steering is precise when thrown about, but never sharp, and always reluctant to self centre or travel in a straight line

I put up with this, and simply hold the wheel straight or turn it back to centre, ESP on road contours etc, and I guess I'm just lucky that it actually goes in a straight line if I want it to

cheers!
CivicTypeReplica wrote:It is a very weird one generally

I have noticed play in my steering rack when working under the car, I do t know if this would still be there when the car is running/driving

I do know that when I get wheel alignment sometimes the car pulls or tracks off centre, or both, but generally speaking after enough mileage it centres itself - I guess this is the tyres wearing in

in fact sometimes after uber thrashing it tracks off centre and then soon after comes back

mine basically tracks ok now after much faffing and coilovers changes etc, I have now settled on 0 toe, -2.5 camber and it kinda feels like no other car i have driven, the steering is precise when thrown about, but never sharp, and always reluctant to self centre or travel in a straight line

I put up with this, and simply hold the wheel straight or turn it back to centre, ESP on road contours etc, and I guess I'm just lucky that it actually goes in a straight line if I want it to

cheers!
I'm hoping a 4 wheel alignment will help solve my problem, i'll let everyone know how it goes once its done.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]