The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...

does your car pull to a side for no reason?

Pulls to the Left
25%
Pulls to the Right
52%
Does not pull
23%
By The nighthawk
Papillon wrote:No problem with mine. Tramlines a little but there we are.
Same here. :lol:
By toby321blastoff
yep, off to the right we go !!

its in the dealers next week and im going to raise it with em. will let you know the outcome ! :?
By jaxon80
voted - pulls to right slightly.
By pacman76
my brand new '06 type r pulls to the right. Also when going over pothole or bump the stearing pulls either left or right making it a necessity to drive with both hands on the stearing well and holding on tight ...... any clues on how to fix this????
By BLINGSTER
Mine don't pull. Get a grove on the motorway though or any form of line which is raised or lowered from the tarmac (like the ones left from roadworks/contraflow) and it wants to follow it!

Its a car not a tram!!!!!!

Think it has public transport aspirations :shock: :shock: :shock:
By Reitau
So... Ive read all these posts - an early post from Nick who is selling his car now (or sold) says that the tyres cause it - some others say the front & rear alignment - So what is the final word?
By Cat
Noticed mine pulling slightly to the right. As it's in for a service soon I guess I should mention it. Is this a tracking problem??
By Mr Wallace
I do very little mileage in my ctr. I have noticed recently however, that it has become, what i can only describe as, camber sensitive. The tyres are 6000 miles old, tyre pressures are spot on, and ive checked the suspension twice myself. It pulls straight, and then wanders to the right as if the tyre was flat. Hoping to lower the vehicle soon, when that happens ill carry out a four wheel alignment. Perhaps that will rectify it. Mr Wallace.
By mimcoman
Mr Wallace wrote:I do very little mileage in my ctr. I have noticed recently however, that it has become, what i can only describe as, camber sensitive. The tyres are 6000 miles old, tyre pressures are spot on, and ive checked the suspension twice myself. It pulls straight, and then wanders to the right as if the tyre was flat. Hoping to lower the vehicle soon, when that happens ill carry out a four wheel alignment. Perhaps that will rectify it. Mr Wallace.
Get rid of the Bridgestone tyres dude :wink:
By nixy
Catz wrote:Noticed mine pulling slightly to the right. As it's in for a service soon I guess I should mention it. Is this a tracking problem??

I asked them to check mine at service - just take it for test drive or something - all they offered was tracking at £55 which you could have done anywhere.
By Mr Wallace
Hi there Mimcoman. Firstly not bridgestones, dunlop sp 9000. Secondly, where abouts in Edinburgh are you. Im up in the west of Edinburgh. I drive a silver 02, private plate.
By SilvertypeR
Mines pulls to the right all the time too, and its really annoying, siting at 60 mph, you cant relax or you will veer to the right and collide with an oncoming car, or a tree if your not carefull!! Not good!! I think we should bombard Honda with letters about this, as it seems to be a serious issue that many Type R owners experience.
By CivicTypeReplica
check this, how bizarre! i have a 1.4 civic which i've fully type r'd up, including dampers.... on the standard dampers it pulled a bit to the left, or maybe just a touch of tramlining/running into the gutter cos of the 205 tyres (non standard). but since fitting type r dampers it now seriously pulls to the right!!! odd!
By tinker905
Feel like one of the sheep - but mine pulls to the right too!

Taking this in to be fobbed off no doubt - will update!
By Shultz
Had mine 3 days, noticed its pulling to the right slightly, it had new bridges put on the front in June :?

Been to the Stealer today who said he'll speak to the service dept about getting it in next week.... Will check the tyre pressures later just to be sure though! :oops:

Cheers Shelton.
By rob147
What an interesting thread! Picked my CTR up a week or so ago and have just begun to notice it pulling to the right... My first thought was check the tyre pressures and then get a 4-wheel alignment check, after that I was beginning to think it could be a bush or steering rack issue.

Interesting to read that this is a common problem. Seems a bit rough to think 'I guess I have to live with it...'
By Shultz
Just an update, they had mine for the day & did something to the steering, its ALOT better now.. though does seem to pull slightly to the right when cold??? Wondering if I up the front tyres by 1 or 2 psi whether this will solve it?

Cheers Shelton.
By Milzeh
My 54 plate Silver CTR has only done 10k & pulls to the right sometimes. Common problem that many owners just live with. Very annoying though, in my first month of ownership The LED light strip went in near side mirror & nearside door handle broke. I felt like changing it to a Golf GTi. :cry:
By damian100
pulls to the right tramlines wildly
By R SIM
it looks to me that honda have got a problem with the steering previously owned a Hreg1.6Vtec it was pin sharp steering my55plate is probably the worst steering on any car i have had thin top to steering wheel doesn t help maters of driver feel its a shame that a stuning car is let down by driver feedback

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]