The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...

does your car pull to a side for no reason?

Pulls to the Left
25%
Pulls to the Right
52%
Does not pull
23%
By karlito
Voted, mine pulls to the left if i take my hands of the steering wheel and break!!! But only really seems to do this first thing in the morning!!! I some times have to fight the steering cos i feel it jar to the left ever so slightly, but again only seems to do this first thing in the morning, could it be some thing to do with the break pads needing adjusting???
By anana
I've just bought a brand new CTR - 400 miles so far - and it's not been what I expected. I don't feel safe in the thing! Granted, I'm not that used to driving performance cars but have sat as a passenger in an Integrale on loads of occasions and didn't see the driver struggling with the steering like I am. I'm not naive and knew it would be quite different to driving your average everyday car but it really puts the shits up me the way the steering pulls all over the place. Don't remember the demo car doing this when I test drove. Love the car to bits, have wanted one for years, so wouldn't dream of changing it but surely this is not normal. I'm going to have to take up weight training to strengthen my arms!! Has this been a problem for others with the facelift model or am I just a paranoid bimbo in thinking that this car is out to take my life??!!
By jm7472
Pulls to right as most others do.

Dealer says all is ok.
By mimcoman
It's fine.
Doesn't pull unless the camber of the road changes.
2004 CTR.
By BlackCTR
Mine pulls to the right.
By Jocelyn Hills
Mine pulls to the right, but my old car did it too (a fiesta). Thought it was the natrual camber of the roads in germany...
By avenger
:evil:

I have 53 TYPE R nad have been experiencing the dreaded pulling phemonenom since I have new front tyres put on at F1 in Canterbury.

I changed from the crappy Bridgestones to BF Goodrich Profilers, which I do like, much improved handling in the wet.

I also had the tracking done at the same time.

The guy at F1 said my alignment was well out, so I said sort it out.

Anyway, I have had the car back a week now and it doesnt feel the same.

When I centre the steering wheel it gently swerves to the left.

Now I knowthis can happen due to road camber, but it does it on straight roads to.

But the thing is I didnt notice this before I went to F1.

What the hell is going on?

Something has changed and I dont like it.
By shane29
same here my 2004 ctr pulls to the right grrrrr
By type-r-rich
i have a 51 type r and it pulls violently to the right. :x
By avenger
I THINK WE SHOULD ALL CONTACT WATCHDOG AND MAYBE WE WILL GET SOMETHING DONE BY HONDA UK. :evil:
By LU24
Mine pulls to the left ! 8)
By richd7
Agree with all this. Had my 02 CTR in the dealer many times (usually after some tire/brake work) with either pulling to the left or right.

Sometimes they've got it spot on and sometimes it changes to which direction it moves in. Had everything done to the tracking etc.

I guess it's something we can either live with or refer all this over to Watchdog as mentioned above.

Rich

also, I agree with the handling on the CTR, you really need to keep a hold of it on these British Roads. Like my dealer says, British roads aren't built for cars!!!!
By shane29
Well i def. think theres a problem with it pulling, as mine pulls like mad to the right. :twisted: :twisted: 04 plate. But as per other threads it's being worked on at honda uk as we speak (should get her back tomoz) but the car they have lent me doesnt pull to the right at all and that ones on a 54 plate!

Ang.

ShaneNAng
By avenger
I have had a chat with my dealer about my steering.

They had a look at my geometry and said everything was OK.

What they did say is that they can have her in and adjust/road test until the car is right.

I think the car isnt pulling, its just the steering wheel that isnt straight.

This is backed up by the fact that I have only had the problem since I had new tyres and alignment done at the same time.

Anyway im going to get her into the dealer and let you know what happens.

I think alot of the time pulling is being confused with wonky steering wheels.
By TonyCTR
Summary at 3yrs/46k - mine does not pull unless there is a change of camber.

They did the tracking approx 12months ago when I replaced the tyres....forced to take Michelins (lease car) but found these to be a considerable improvement over the Bridgestones for every day motoring. Better in the wet, considerably quieter, less tramlining.....

Handy to know there are still steering problems...'cause just put the order in for a replacement CTR!!!! :D

T
By j118NNE
Mine pulls to the right, but also feels heavier steering to the right.
why is this.
the cars got brand new 19's and it still does it.
By del
i had a test drive a couple of weeks ago and the car was pulling to the right also but when i asked the sales guy he said someone had hit a kirb and he thought the stering had been knocked out of line . i pick up mine tommorow or saterday so i will have a wee shot before i sign the papers just incase.tell u how it goes
By del
ok got my car yesterday and it was pulling to th right on the motorway when u went above 60 mph. i then went and got a set of wheels fitted with 18"225/35,s on them and the pulling went a way but as im no expert i would say it must be something to do with the stock weels and tyres. but as i said im no expert
By Cat
read this and decided to try out on a very straight, flat road near me, at low speed

:? appears to pull to the right ... but going check my tyre pressure tomorrow just in case that's the problem
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]