The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...

does your car pull to a side for no reason?

Pulls to the Left
25%
Pulls to the Right
52%
Does not pull
23%
By Liam Type-R
i had mine pulling to the right, and so took it to honda their reply... tyres and camber of road, i started gettin a squeak from the suspension and took it to them they took it in for the day and gave it back they had takin the springs out i think, well anyway got it back, and the squeak was still there but the steering was fine, just gotta get this squeak sorted now!! :? :D
By A1chris
mine pulls to the right, but hey i used to drive a saxo. enough said
By giorgoshonda
mine was pulling to the right,i have changed tyres and it continued.so i center the wheels and it continued again.then i changed the front wheels(right left)and it pul to the left.finally i put the left wheel back and the problem stopped
Mine tugs to the right, i have a CTR 02 Plate and its gradually getting worse, but it might be my tyres as my dealer said if you haven't kept the tyre pressure perfect over time the tyres can wear uneven (obviously) so this might be my problem. Well i hope it is.. :???:
dorrells wrote:My car seems to favour the right side and when in vtec car seems to duck n weave, really got to hold on to wheel anyone else experience this?
Went out for a weekend blast today,went to overtake,was in third gear,hit v-tec and there was a sharp pull to the LEFT,i haven't
experienced this before,but am still learning about this car as not had ctr long...wasn't sure if this is how they are,could
have been a bit of adverse camber in the road,was not a pleasant experience,car is an 02 plate...could this of been the tramline issue also/instead??weird. :vconf:
mine seems to pull to the right?? mainly under power, when i take my foot off it seems to head straight again?? trackings ok, may get the lazer treatment done just to be sure.... :scratch:
billyjo45 wrote:mine seems to pull to the right?? mainly under power, when i take my foot off it seems to head straight again?? trackings ok, may get the lazer treatment done just to be sure.... :scratch:
you'll most likely find that this is torque steer. offside drive shaft is longer, so left hand wheel has slightly more power to it, making it race ahead and pull the car over to the right only under power.

one of those things, and excellent fun to hold onto/correct!

Cheers, Sam.
milky_typer wrote:Hey,

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of the steering problem?

Or has it been left as one of life's mysteries??
Mine CTR did it too I solve the problem.
I took car to mechanic who do suspension geometry and he set up my car.
After that Its another car!!!
ANd thats the cheepest fault I have ever on car...
I think on CTR suspension geometry is a must every jear!
Specaly if U change parts of suspension..

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]