The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
Morning all,

Got an issue this morning and its pickling my brain!

Started car as normal this morning let it idle for a min or so to de-ice while I scraped windows etc and set off, Stopped at the shop to get milk came out and the car didn't start, Battery light EML, ABS and ESP light on dash. Waited 5mins or so and it started, EML and Battery still on but it started so I thought I could nurse it home and swap for my usual daily.

While driving the stereo then started to flicker, speedo died then the rev counter, then every other gauge. Had to turn the lights off or the car started to die, then it wouldn't idle and juddered really badly when running then to top it off the alarm started going off while driving!

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Had the clutch done about 2 weeks ago and was driving fine all before that, was around minus 4 this morning too if this helps also previous keeper had battery done 3 years ago.
Sounds like it could be an alternator problem. Get a volt meter on it whilst running you should about 14.3 volts.

Or make sure all the earth straps have been done up tight that could cause the same issue. It may be a coincidence but when the clutch was done they may of not tightened the earth points up.
andymorson wrote:Was the speedo working at all? This happened to me and it turned out to be a fuse.

Better checking that out first to save you some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is worth a shot I'm sure the alt and speedo are on the same fuse , certainly the older models this was the case. Also adding a extra earth as said previous is also a good idea.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]