The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By andys
Hi All.
Need some pointers - my 2003 EP3 has started letting water in - today the headliner in the middle where the lights are was dripping - also wet on the passenger side :(

The windscreen trip on the outside is very tiered and does not meet the car roof perfectly - could water be getting in here - but then how's it getting into the car?

Any idea best course of action - and where can i get s replacement windscreen trip (the thing that goes along the top - if I need to replace it?

Cheers
By parsimony
The windscreen is bonded and this makes it watertight so the trim is unlikely to be an issue.
I'd check out the aerial base as the place that water gets in isn't necessarily the same as the place you see it coming out.
By andys
Cheers for the reply.

So - is the rubber trim bonded into the mix too? I wanted to pull out / remove the trim (as I have ordered a new one on eBay) - so that I can hopefully see if there is any rust / holes / issues with where the roof meets the windscreen.... :(

Could the bonding have simply deteriorated over time - as i'm hoping it's not an issue with the metalwork...?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]