The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By jasonatk89
Hi all. So ive recently been having trouble with my lights on my 55reg type r. I've noticed this past week its been getting worse, it started doing funny things when i pressed the brake the lights would light up the dashboard aswell as the side lights! However it stopped when i came off the brake pedal. Thankfully its completely stopped doing that. Now its gone back to how it were the rear brake lights seem to flicker ive had the backs off both rear lights having a fiddle with them they all seem to be fine they dont look burnt or have any wires hanging out or split. Tried swapping the passenger to the drivers bulb holder thinking could it be faulty but to no luck it stayed the same. One thing ive noticed is if i wiggle the wiring on both sides and have someone press the brake they come straight back on but go off soon as i go over a bump etc. I'm not the best on the electrical side of things but i presume it could be an earthing problem?. Any help or info would be appreciated :). Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
By Lewisgame
Sounds like you're on the right track with a poor connection and/or poor earth connection. The reason other lights illuminate is because the earth tries to back feed through the other lights.
Check and clean all the connectors, trace back the wiring to the earth points and clean them up and see how you get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]