The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
Hi guys hope you're all well

Got an annoying clunk/knocking sound from somewhere on my suspension/steering

So, I needed to replace my inner and outer tie rod ends on my 2002 EP3, and I have some tein coilovers to go on also (all brand new), everything went fine fitting them. However when I now jump into the car after it has sat for say a good 20mins or so, the first time I turn the wheel left and right, I get quite a heavy clunk/knock/pinging noise from both sides, almost sounds like the spring is trying to relocate itself, but it will only do it that time, the rest of the drive is fine, until I get out, leave the car for alittle bit, jump in again and it will happen again. It's not terminal of course as I can still drive the car, but it's really annoying as to what it might be, can feel it right through the steering wheel and everything,

Hopefully somebody may have had the same experience, the only thing I haven't replaced are top mounts but they seemed ok

Anyways thanks in advance for any help and hope you all enjoy bank holiday weekend :)

Tac
Thanks for the reply Lewis :), that was the next thing I was going to replace to try and sort it, but thought I'd ask first

Do you think it may be a case of getting some grease into it, or recommend a full replacement?

Added in 40 minutes 8 seconds:
I've searched and searched and searched for this problem on the net, couldn't find anything about it, so posted this thread, now I've found someone with the exact same problem, he took his strut back off and just regressed everything to do with top mount, and it seems to have cured it, so I may give that a go before going out and buying new ones, at least I know it will all come off nice and easy :)

Thanks again

Added in 27 seconds:
I've searched and searched and searched for this problem on the net, couldn't find anything about it, so posted this thread, now I've found someone with the exact same problem, he took his strut back off and just regressed everything to do with top mount, and it seems to have cured it, so I may give that a go before going out and buying new ones, at least I know it will all come off nice and easy :)

Thanks again

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]