The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By wirewizard
Hey guys and girls,

I have a 53 plate silver ep3 and have noticed some bubbling on the rear arches and back quarter, also a little on the boot lid and some on the bottoms of the doors. I have had my pocket rocket now for 10 years, fully honda serviced and kept in a garage 99 percent of its life and only used weekends clocking up about 4-5000 a year, so i am somewhat frustrated by the bubbling. I got her at 64k in 2007, so it's done 50k in the last 10 years.

I am in the Norfolk area and wondered if there are any good body repair shops around here that people would recommend?

I have had honda get their approved body shop quote me, but looking online at the reviews, I'm not 100 percent convinced to go with them. I have been to a couple of body shops round here, most have said it's a nightmare of a job and the quote that i have been given is relatively cheap. I didn't think so due to the age of the car.

Other than the minor rust bubbles, she's in sound shape and I still enjoy popping the VTEC, so I'm not sure if I want to get rid of her yet or if it's worth forking out for the repair.

Also if i was to change car, I'm not sure what to venture into next lol.

Anyone in the Norfolk area that can help recommend someone?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]