The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By CTRftw
I've been getting a P0132 code intermittently recently - 'O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1'. Basically, the front lambda sensor is showing too high a voltage for too long, meaning that it senses the gases are too rich leaving the engine...It only happens when the car is cold and warming up. If I reset it after the initial warm up it won't come on again and the car drives perfect. Until it warms up the car feels very sluggish and even has the odd flat spot on occasion. The most likely thing is that the sensor has packed it in so i have a new one one the way in the post...

Anyway, I looked at the freeze frame data from the last too times the MIL came on and it came on under identical circumstances. Is that not strange?

RPM 1107
IAT 17*
TP 9.8%
ETC 59*
MAP 30kPa
LOAD_PCT 30.2%
By Lewisgame
There's 2 parts to a Lambda sensor. 1st part measures the oxygen content of the exhaust gas. The 2nd is a heater element to heat up the sensor in cold conditions, such as cold start.
Chances are the heater element inside the sensor is at fault. Before replacing, just check all the other wiring incase there's a wiring issue.
By CTRftw
Yeah it sounds like you're right..especially as it's only a problem on cold starts. Hopefully the sensor sorts it..Thanks

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]