The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By squishy1980
Hello fellow Type R drivers. Does anyone know the location of the alarm siren and how I can get to it? My 2004 EP3 has had a problem with the alarm going off. I found that if I lock the car with the outside door handle up and then push the door pin down then the car would lock and the alarm wouldn't sound. I'm guessing this means there is a fault with the ultrasonic sensor which I will replace at some point. Recently I left my car while on holiday and on my return the battery was slightly flat. I jumped started the car and everything was fine. This was about six weeks ago. I haven't been using the car much and today the alarm started to sound so I'm guessing the battery in the alarm siren is knackered. I know this is an expensive part and would just like to remove it. Does anyone have any pictures of it location? I've searched but can't find any pictures anywhere.
By DannyEP3
I seem to remember it being behind the right hand side plastic boot trim. Roughly the same area as the petrol flap but on the opposite side if you get what I mean? Somebody may be able to clarify though.
By Juliand
Same problem here, after battery going flat with little use to recharge it. Alarm keeps going off when locking. The only way to lock the car without the siren going off is to hold the handle up, and lock without key or fob, so as not to activate the ultrasonic bit of the alarm - a real pain though. Can anyone update, please, or confirm how to access the siren to unplug it.

Cheers
By kinky_boy
here: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/show ... oval-Guide

just for the text to be also here:
"I have another search around for 'Civic EP3 Alarm Siren Bonnet' and a thread came up from a guy who has replaced 4 EP3 alarm systems and 3 out of the 4 sirens were located under the windscreen scuttle panel. So I whip that off and there it is on the near side of the vehicle looking old, dirty and wet. It is the red type as pictured above. "
By Juliand
Thanks for posting this link. By way of update, I never managed to locate the siren in the rear quarter panel, but after further reading, I think that the issue is that the with the main car battery going flat, this triggers the siren battery to kick in. With a good bit of driving around ( locking the car only with the handle up - not using the key method), It seems that this then re-charges the siren battery to a level sufficient for it not to keep going off. My son said that this happened last time he had a flat battery a couple of years back, and then it remedied itself. The car can now be locked again using the remote, and I am giving it a trickle charge once a week, while my son isn't using the car, as a preventative measure to stop this saga happening again. What a pain, but at least we know how to stop the dreaded alarm going off.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]