The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By *nub*
On a prem EP3, ive got full bolt on mods inc RBC, decat, remapped @tdi North although I don't think any of this is the cause.
I'm getting a sharp jerk/judder/splutter or whatever you call it at between 2000 and 3000rpm, can happen in every gear although mostly above 3rd. When it first started occurring the problem would sometimes disappear for several days before reoccurring. At first I thought driving at WOT used to clear it for a while but now it doesn't make a difference. Also for several days I drove at or below 2000rpm in every gear and that seemed to stop the problem triggering but today it starting doing it around 2000rpm also.
This only seems to happen when at light/part throttle or when the accelerator is not pressed at all. When I put my foot down say 20% (estimate) or more on the accelerator it does not occur as far as I can tell. So this leads me to think it may be the TPS??

Any help is appreciated as I don't want to chuck the car in the garage and waste/time money trying to diagnose the problem and replacing things that don't need replacing.

Cheers [emoji3] x
By Rigsby01
*nub* wrote:On a prem EP3, ive got full bolt on mods inc RBC, decat, remapped @tdi North although I don't think any of this is the cause.
I'm getting a sharp jerk/judder/splutter or whatever you call it at between 2000 and 3000rpm, can happen in every gear although mostly above 3rd. When it first started occurring the problem would sometimes disappear for several days before reoccurring. At first I thought driving at WOT used to clear it for a while but now it doesn't make a difference. Also for several days I drove at or below 2000rpm in every gear and that seemed to stop the problem triggering but today it starting doing it around 2000rpm also.
This only seems to happen when at light/part throttle or when the accelerator is not pressed at all. When I put my foot down say 20% (estimate) or more on the accelerator it does not occur as far as I can tell. So this leads me to think it may be the TPS??

Any help is appreciated as I don't want to chuck the car in the garage and waste/time money trying to diagnose the problem and replacing things that don't need replacing.

Cheers [emoji3] x
Did you ever solve this?
By Rigsby01
*nub* wrote:Yeah I did haha, it was the Tps. Bought another from tegiwa but I've sold the car now [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats what i was thinking, did you calibrate the new one?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]