The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
So
I fitted a JAPSPEED Sports cat. Car ran perfectly fien for aroudn 2 weeks, Went for a drive out one day and and felt my power steering go, looked down speedo not wokring, EPS & BATTERY LIGHT was on. Car was runnign horrible, coudlnt get into 5th gear, so decided to pull over before i did the car any damage.
Everyone said the alternator had gone due to the loss of electrical power , power steering etc since the car was running off the battery which was dieing as it wasnt getting any charge.
Got an old alternator off my mate got it fitted and same problem... Garage did a check over on the car, all wiring, fuses , circuits etc said the alternator coudl be faulty.
So i bought a brand new alternator and got that fitted today and im back at square one with the same problem! When i got the cat fitted one of the lambda sensors was rotten and snapped, garage said i'll need to get a new lambda sensor, to be honest totally forgot about it, but im starting to think that this is probably the problem?

cars had a code reader on it only fault showing is the EML CODE from the cat which was expected
no battery light fault code

car details are
54 plate facelift
108,000 miles
m2 sport back box
k&n typhoon induction kit
japspeed decat pipe

suggestions?
Hi buddy, I know this post is a few weeks old and hopefully you've got it sorted. But I had the exact same problem with one of my EP3's.

Ended up being the connector block for the wiring loom behind the radiator. Plug had worked its way loose, reseated it and bingo, sorted.

Hope this helps, Brian

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
Oops just noticed this was 2 years ago lol

Added in 46 seconds:

Added in 1 minute :

Added in 28 seconds:

Added in 45 seconds:

Added in 49 minutes 59 seconds:

Added in 1 minute 12 seconds:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]