The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By kraneranx
I've noticed my CTR sometimes idles low and seems like it wants to cut out but manages to stay on. It sometimes happens when reversing but seems totally random. Some one said I should get the fuel injectors cleaned out. I recently changed the alternator because my old one wasn't charging when fully loaded but seemed ok otherwise. also if I ever stalled the engine whilst driving to get going again the car would not start first time. Can anyone shed any light on this.

The car has been serviced recently and is a 53 plate. I look forward to hearing any responses, thanks gang.
By jasonevans
Could be the air intake sensor reading incorrectly or might be the IACV needs cleaning as it may be sticking slighly which in turn will cause this or inconsitant revving. Also worth checking the battery voltage as well.

IACV fix here : http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.ph ... light=iacv

Hope this helps.
By mixu
Mine did that and it was the eld (electrical load distributer). Replaced by honda and problem was fixed. Might be a similar thing...
By Ashman3000
Mine was doing this and i looked up loads of threads etc.. Now its stopped.. What did i do ? Nothing, it fixed itself.. I wondered if it was multiple short journeys, then taking it for a long run sorted it out :vconf:
By kraneranx
mixu wrote:Mine did that and it was the eld (electrical load distributer). Replaced by honda and problem was fixed. Might be a similar thing...

Thanks mate I want to check this out but am reluctant to go to honda as I dont want to be getting charged an arm and a leg. I need a good mechanic that knows Jap cars like the back of their hand.

Anyone know of any in the croydon area.
By jasonevans
Your better off going to TGM in Fleet.
They know there stuff.
By kraneranx
jasonevans wrote:Your better off going to TGM in Fleet.
They know there stuff.

OK they seem just over 1 hour drive away maybe I will call them for some advice. Cheers.
By Superbully
old Peugeot 205 GTi had this, it was a well known occurence, never had it on my EP3 though. Had to thoroughly clean the idle valve every so often, is there an equivalent on the EP3?
By irmy
Superbully wrote:old Peugeot 205 GTi had this, it was a well known occurence, never had it on my EP3 though. Had to thoroughly clean the idle valve every so often, is there an equivalent on the EP3?
There sure is
By kraneranx
Good news gang I got the guys where I do my M.O.T to clean the throttle body out. I have already noticed a good improvement in both idle and responsiveness to acceleration. I always thought the car was a bit a sluggish when changing in lower gears. Now it almost feels like when I first bought it. The guys said it was a good call doing this as this part gets clogged up over time and I have been doing quite a few long journeys of late. So yep I thing that has sorted it :WOOT

Thanks for all the support on this, this forum is the dogs balls man.
By jasonevans
Glad my advice worked.
Happy to help a fellow CTR owner.

btw : You anywhere near Greenwich by any chance ?
By kraneranx
jasonevans wrote:Glad my advice worked.
Happy to help a fellow CTR owner.

btw : You anywhere near Greenwich by any chance ?

Yep its was def your lead I followed.

Im near West Croydon which is more south west, Greenwich is more south east but not too far to get to.

Thanks for the link buddy :salut:
By Superbully
kraneranx wrote:Good news gang I got the guys where I do my M.O.T to clean the throttle body out.
did that include the idle valve? If so then glad my advice helped as well :lol:

no but seriously, good for future reference should others have the same prob
By kraneranx
Superbully wrote:
kraneranx wrote:Good news gang I got the guys where I do my M.O.T to clean the throttle body out.
did that include the idle valve? If so then glad my advice helped as well :lol:

no but seriously, good for future reference should others have the same prob

I cant thank you all enough despite I cannot say if that was done as well, I wasnt present when the job took place :scratch:

Its a good look by any means I mentioned both these things to them but he can back with talk of the throttle body over anything else.
:Eek:

I know its common for theft on cat converters and you never think it wll happen to you. I now need the best anti-theft tool to prevent this from happening again if anyone knows of a good one for the EP3. Ive seen sheilds and and alarm so far and think I want to get both at this rate if its aloud. although not found any specific for the ep3?

Seen the cageclamp thing for prius not sure if it will fit on the ep3 any ideas on this guys?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]