The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
By juz1
Mikey R wrote:I had this problem, turned out to be cat heat shield.
same here it was totally shot. Got an new exhaust as well, but there is still a sleight buzz at around 3700 4000 rpm. No where near as bad as it was before, but there still is a noise which I have never noticed before. I don't know I am just trying to deal with, but its more annoying no its quieter.
By Superman001
dutch wrote:I have the dreaded heatshield rattle ffs, cars on 71k Took it's fucking time. Another job for the list of jobs needing done :bad-words:
Next time she's on a ramp mate rip the fu*ker off :twisted:
By Johnnyswitch81
I had the rattle as well at 3500rpm , turned out to be the cat heatshield, was thinking of using a large metal jubilee clip to secure it, in the end I cut it off, I love the way the car sounds now, no more rattle, like having a new car!!!!
By Ros
Well, my heatshield started that damned rasp-buzz last year - garage just took it off. Dealer said they'd've done the same as the cost of a replacement system wasn't justifiable when taking the shield off wouldn't casue any harm.
Have to admit, I thought for a couple weeks that the cars smelt of too hot paint from underneath, but I was assured it was fine and indeed the car is fine exhaust-wise ( and if the car's seeing this, I never said that - and you've had thousands spent on you recently so you ain't getting anything else!)
By Ros
Oh, just don't park on tall dry grass though after a run, cos you'll set a fire with no shield (so I'm told).

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]