The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
thanks!!

my mum told me this morning that she can get me some hypodermic needles and syringes??? i have no idea if they are like the ones from my school days where you can pull the plunger out to fill them, if they are i think she might be onto a winner?! - i'll let you all know how i get on with them, mum seems to think (and i think she's probably right) that a smaller hole in the rubber would be better, and you don't get much smaller than the hole from a hypodermic!!

mat.
ps. the noise seems to have stopped today so i don’t think i'll be doing it just yet, however if anybody lives in the area (torquay/exeter) and has the squeaking problem let me know and we can try it out (would try it on my mates but the noise seems to have stopped on his too recently, he thinks it's weather dependant - so do i, seems to come on when its cold or damp???)
Last edited by mat on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeah it comes and goes so if it has gone away for now, leave it until it comes back.

I wouldn't worry about the holes, they are incisions that close up due to the stiffness of the rubber.
Hey guys,

Great info on this thread but i cant work out if this is the problem that im having or not :oops:

My creaking noise seems to be coming through my suspension when i steer going around corners? if the car is stopped and i steer its quiet as a mouse! so do you reckon this is the same problem or something like bushes or top mounts?

Thanks.
could be top mounts, next time it's doing it stop and open the bonnet, reach over the back of the engine and grab hold of the steering arms and give them a good shake/twist/push/pull.....if it is the rack you should be able to hear it.
Newannaive wrote:could be top mounts, next time it's doing it stop and open the bonnet, reach over the back of the engine and grab hold of the steering arms and give them a good shake/twist/push/pull.....if it is the rack you should be able to hear it.
Thanks for the reply,

I've just been out and done that and it feels pretty tight with no creaking! Are top mounts an expensive job to do?
What a disaster :bad-words: i was cutting a hole in one of the gators to spray some lube in there and i slipped! i now have a 2 inch gash in one of the gators? is this a problem? anyone got and suggestion? the gash is facing up away from the road and i was think of sputting some silicon on there?
djtopa wrote:Does anybody try to take off "metal holder" of the rubber boots on steering rack and then move boots in one side and then put something better then wd40 something that would last longer?
Look at pic,and my English is bad I hope U understand....

I read up on it but some people who had done this found it very hard to get it all back together again...and wd40 has so far lasted for about 8 months on my car...good enough for me.
djtopa wrote:My plan was to give my mechanic to do that.We can try if not then its wd40
Can I damage something when try to make holes for wd40 to come inside the rack?
has already been discussed in this thread mate...the rubber is very sturdy and if you make a small incision rather than a hole then it will close up and not affect anything.
i have this or similar prob now. sounds like it the top mounts moving, its a rubber creaking sound. i found i have a weak rear engine mount, pill the engine forward n it creaks, but im gettin uprated poly engine mounts to sort this out, it happens like its described, pulling away and steering. will try the above though n see.
i get the same sort of noise but mine is generally from slow acceleration in first few gears i can hear it getting worse by the sounds of it do you think it will be the same thing? i do get it on corners sometimes not often and can feel it in the pedal thanks
ktmadhouse wrote:i get the same sort of noise but mine is generally from slow acceleration in first few gears i can hear it getting worse by the sounds of it do you think it will be the same thing? i do get it on corners sometimes not often and can feel it in the pedal thanks
next time it is doing it pull over and grab hold of each steering arm from where they come out of the rack and give them a shake/twist...you will hear it, if it is the rack.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]