The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Have a problem with your CTR? Tell us about them here...
Does this fix the self centre issue?

I have a new slider and boot here for when i come to refurbing the rack, just need to order 2 new track rod ends and possibly the extended bracket but will spraying grease on help the self centre issue for the time being?
Was a member the squeaky club as of this week, so sprayed some lube in through the rubber and jobs a goodun so far :salut:
I actually had my doubts that this would solve it as I wasn't 100% sure it was this. But yep it solved it for the meantime which is good ennough for me :-D
This thread has saved my life today. I was about to throw myself off the nearest bridge because of that damned noise. I pierced the rubber housing a couple of times and sprayed some 3in1 into it and like magic the squeeking has disappeared.

Thanks guys.
What does the squeak sound like and can you feel it through the steering wheel when you hold it?

Mine seems to be doing this but I want to make sure it's definitely that.
I've got what sounds like a rattle more than a sqweek.
Been though track rod ends etc and replaced and still doing it. Very annoying. Sounds as if someone has left a small tool rolling around the bulkhead but I've checked that too lol.

Worth giving this squirt a try??
It can't do any harm giving it a try.

I had no idea where it was coming from, just knew that it was driving me insane. Gave this method a try on the off chance and haven't heard a squeak since!

One happy customer [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Have this so called creaking at low speed steering, not pulling away.. Recently put on lowering springs, know some where there's a bushing or rack raiser people replace, but I'm not sure which part applies to which problem! Any help..?
Does it sound like rubber squeaking against rubber, when you're pulling away/turning at low speed? I got this after changing tyres, so must be movement in the arch that causes it to worsen.

If it is a rubber noise, this fix of lubricant into slits in the boots will help.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]