The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By D3ano
Afternoon all,

Little back story to me. I’ve floated around the CTR forums for a few years when I got my first R about 4-5 years ago, a 2008 FN2, I had a list of things I intended to do to the car but lost motivation and seemed to prioritise everything else over it.

Prior to that I had a 2004 EP2 sport, as my first car, that thing I treated like a princess spared no expense, including the £190 a month I was paying to insure the thing quite the contrast to what I pay now 7 years later!

Just last month I finally accepted that I was never going to be happy with the FN, it wasn’t a bad car by any means but my desire for a bit of boost and the money it needed to get it tip top just stopped me from fully enjoying it, I made the snap decision to start looking at FK2’s again, I’d previously started when Honda first announced them which coincided with me starting a new job but at the time it wasn’t reasonable to get one, I found one for a very good price not too far from home, went and viewed it and went back 3 hours later to take it home, I can’t fault it at all bar the fact it’s not the best colour available (Milano Red/Pink) like my previous 2 Civ’s, absolutely adore it and so glad to have the motivation and desire for a car again.

So far it’s only had a few basic things:
-Two new rear tyres
-Private Reg
-Both front wheels fully refurbished
-Heko wind deflectors
-PMC Carbon gear surround
-Carbon Gear Knob
-Tank of super unleaded fuel every f***ing week since I’ve had it..

I’ve currently got a Remus exhaust and sound controller as well as an Eventuri intake waiting to be fitted by Dream Automotive next week, not that I’m counting down the days, as well as some Carbon arch vents which were supposed to be on last week however one was refusing to sit flush so with a fair bit of sanding/grinding I’ve got it as good as it will be and am planning on fitting them this weekend, I’ll update the thread if they make it on!

Down the line I’m looking at an airtec intercooler and some wheels as I’m not a fan of the standard one and the paint is so cheap and awful on them, but that’ll be getting into next year as insurance is creeping up with every mod.

Anyways on to the stuff anyone only ever reads these for, the pictures!

By Commander
Nice writeup mate and what a stunning car!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]