The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Jdean89
So I've had this built for a little while now, it was for my final year project at uni and I had a focus ST as my daily driver. I've now finished uni and i'm officially skint so the focus has gone and I am going to daily this for a little while before potentially selling it if I don't get a decent job soon :? Anyway life story over..

It's a 2003 silver EP3 on 110k miles, bodywork isn't great and when I bought it it was a proper mess (I didn't pay a lot for it). Front bumper not on properly, battery not tied down, ripped CV boots, front ARB missing bolts and knocking, ABS sensors missing bolts, generally bolts missing absolutely everywhere, nothing tight, pressure plate bolts on the bloody clutch not tight!, etc etc.

I spent about a week on it bolting everything on to get it to where it is now, including making sure everything was tight and sorting out the ABS sensor issues and all the rest of it.

The spec at the minute is:

• Mapped @ StreetRacers GD in Syston. Made 330bhp at 6800 RPM (map not finished, will get onto this bit)
• Mambatek GTX3071R Turbo
• Cast ‘log’ style exhaust manifold
• Turbosmart External Wastegate
• Forge Dump Valve
• Hondata Kpro
• Hondata 4 Port Boost Solenoid
• Hondata 4 bar MAP sensor
• Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump
• PLX Wideband
• Front Mount Intercooler
• Injector Dynamics 725CC Injectors
• Custom downpipe and exhaust system
• Gauge pods & Gauges (oil temp, oil pressure, boost, AFR, coolant temp)
• Mocal Oil Cooler
• Japspeed Radiator
• Lightweight Flywheel
• APC Stage 3 paddle clutch
• Energy suspension front wishbone bushes

During the mapping the turbo decided it wanted to fail, and the front housing fell off resulting in damage to the compressor blades. The company accepted fault and sent me another. Within 20 miles of driving on the new turbo.. the same thing happened again.. This time it was a bit more difficult to get them to send another, but eventually they sent me a replacement with the front cover welded on. Since then it's done around 500 miles and it's been mint thank god.

Still needs a bit doing - generally just needs tidying up, the battery behind the passenger seat looks dodgy as hell and could do with wires/hoses in the engine bay tidying up a bit, and the exhaust needs sorting as it was MIG welded ( :lol: :lol: ) together just to get it running, but it sits way too low and needs looking at.

Apart from that it's still on the standard suspension and brakes, which surprisingly hold up pretty well for daily road use with the added power. It's stripped out at the moment but I may be putting it all back in if I'm going to use it for a while.

Downpipe tacked up.. this was a very quick job in a garage with a mig welder and minimal resources - i.e threaded bar for hangers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: criticism welcome on that one lol

Now has a silver intercooler as the first one was bent when towing it after the turbo failure :oops: :oops: :oops:

Going to chuck some RS vents on it next week to help with under bonnet temps as it gets silly hot under there. Also the oil temp gauges has given up already so need to sort that, and fit my coolant temp sensor/gauge. Will also be getting the map finished in the next couple of weeks and hopefully make 380 ish.. can see well over 400 on this turbo but I'm a bit skeptical about more than 370-380 on standard internals.

Cheers c&c welcome - will try to get a video up sometime
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]