The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By reaper7881
hi

im Saf from huddersfield, ive had a couple of cars in the past and have tinkered on all of them one way or another. ive just bought this EP3 as a weekend car, i drive a Astra diesel for my daily commutes heres a LINK to that progress thread

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/sho ... php?282850

On this car however theres a couple of things i need to sort out, the exhaust being one of them. the car has a 2.5inch unknown brand exhaust fitted to it which basically sounds like a subwoofer in the 3k range :-/ . within a week of owning it i have already went out and bought a different one, which is supposedly decent?.

the engine bay looked like it had been sneezed on with oil and grime splatters all over the place, so the first thing was to clean and degrease everything

the next issue to sort out was the dodgey grounding wires, especially the gearbox one which was all green and corroded :-( as i didnt have the right connectors i had to do a temp fix on it.

next up was the new exhaust, stainless cat back spoon n1 back box with a superstreet centre pipe. its got a couple of stamps and plaques welded on to it so i guess it might be a genuine exhaust 8-)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Managed to wrap the door trims in black aswell

One problem that i cant figure out is why my biting point/clutch control is 2cm off the floor. The seems clutch fine and doesnt slip at all but the issue is when on vtec it is quite hard getting it from 1st to 2nd then 2nd to 3rd, its almost like the gear is blocked from going in. I am going to to a gear oil change with the honda mtf 3 stuff to see if it helps. but i wonder if its not going in gear because of the very low biting point on the clutch pedal, ill try getting the pedal adjusted and see if that also helps the gearing issue. :nerd:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]