The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By C13aos
Picked this bumped Cosmic up around March 2016, been sat at my unit gathering dust pretty much ever since, but finally getting my bum in gear and getting it rebuilt for use as a daily. Damage was front end, both wings, headlights, bonnet, rad packs, no airbag or chassis damage so I couldn't resist and comes with 73K on the clock.

Here's what I got to play with

I was lucky to find a guy breaking a Cosmic CTR he'd blown up so had a little road trip to collect a boot full of swag

Quick strip down, straighten up and replacement rad fitted

These puppies were whipped off and sent for a refurb

Parts refitted and lined up, please excuse the sticker, not my cup of tea but came with the bonnet and not had the chance to peel it off.

By C13aos
Interior stripped out for cleaning the seats and installing new carpet

Looking a little cleaner

Got these back from the powder coaters and sealed them up with PoorBoys

I've purchased another damaged CTR which has quite a few parts on it that I'm in the process of swapping over, one of them being this Tegiwa air intake and hoses

Needed a good clean and refurb where the rust had started at it, so cleaned it all off, repainted and reassembled

Added in 50 minutes 56 seconds:
Did a quick fit up and clean over the Christmas break, far too cold to be messing about with cleaning products to make a major difference but looks more like a car again now.

Removed the re trimmed Momo wheel, Spoon Cam cover and HID's from the donor car, and have the Bilstien suspension and springs along with the Fujitsubo RM-01A to come off to at some point soon but this is what I've done so far.

Swapping parts from the donor car

Still needs a good clean under the bonnet but getting there slowly. Installed the freshly cleaned Tegiwa while I was there braving the cold.

And that's about it for now, no time to play with it at the mo, so will keep the thread updated as I go.
By Stamford78
Great to see the car bought back to life.
What did you use to clean the silicon hoses up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By C13aos
Hi mate, hoses were given a spray of WD40, wiped down then soaped and watered.

Turned out pretty well, but I'll give them another clean and seal them with some wax when I finish messing around with it ;)
By Sam.
Nice to see some new build threads still cropping up on here. New wheel colour is so much better than that nasty flip stuff, and you can't beat a bit of premier red carpet.

Nice progress.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]