The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Hi All,

I'm new here, recently sold my EP3, but want another ... !

Have another little project on the go at the moment..

The current Stagea, which we have had a couple of years is near end of life unfortunately. She has been a fighter, been on a few track days. The Chassis is now too rusty.

Sooooo, we have a new one :)

We'll transfer the performance parts over, and currently looking at a crazy printed wrap for the car too

The 2 together..

MOT Time

The new Stagea is a fresh import and a very clean 125,000 kilometres example. Has service stickers over it, and all history from Japan. Zero Rust.

Its the Turbo 2.5 litre 24 Valve 6 Cylinder Engine out of the Nissan SKyline R33 GTS-t, and a 4wd System Similar to the R33 GTR Nissan Skyline.

Should hopefully be a fun Project over the next couple of months...

Check back for updates, always keen to hear views :)
Last edited by Mofff on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi All,

I had the old one round a few tracks. Due to the weight, and the autobox, they are sluggish, even with 250 odd BHP. Its very comfy, like driving an arm chair round. Does surprise a few people though :)

The car passed the MOT, woo hoo...

Over all looks to be in very good condition.

I've never seen brakes so even on the tester !
(Top is front brakes, middle is foot brake, bottom is the rear brakes).

Next to get it registered and all the goodies from the other Stagea fitted...
Next Job...

There was a rather 90's TV sat nav audio system screwed to the dash. I wasn't going to
be able to look the screw marks from where it was mounted.
Little OCD maybe, so the dash had to come out !

Out... !

Here are the 2 dash units together

Might have been a bit overkill to change the dash, just for this, but I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night !!

All back in.. You'd never know the dash had come out.

Loads of screws and fiddling. All in all took aobut 5 hours.

Next, we'll get the seats done. Currently the car has the standard velour seats.
We'll change them for ones from a series 2 version. Little more sporty, the look similar to ones from an R34GTT Nissan Skyline.
Time for the brakes to be upgraded.... These Brembo brakes are from the old Stagea (but originally from an R33 GTR Nissan Skyline). The bolt straight on.

Going from a 280mm Front to 320mm. The standard brakes on the Stagea aren't the
best !

These are also Brembo discs and pads, so give excellent braking !

Next we get to fitting the Coil pacls :)
Next on the list, changing the coil packs. It wasn't that the current ones were misfiring. These new ones were only a year or so old
from the other stagea. So just to be on the safe side...

All in all, took just over 2 hours. 1 silly thing I didn't think about was changing the spark plugs at the same time.
School boy error, so they'll have to come out again soon to change the plugs ! D'oh !

More things being added to the list, will be never ending... :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]