The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By lanfire
Well its been a while since i was last in the car modifying scene, previous motors have all been ford... boo, although fun i felt the need for a change ! , (pass 6 years of life) and we land with the FN2 :D

So iv had the car a few weeks now, doing the usual passenger rides.. for everyone.. oh go on then :D . Its got 58k on the clocks and seems to run pretty well. the last owner took it to Honda for servicing ect but wasn't the greatest at looking after it. My initial plan is to get it all running properly and get it looking like its got an owner, Heres the list iv made, i have a feeling this is going to get expensive haha.

Engine / Engine Bay ,
Small leak around the rear of the sump.
AC not working
Small squeek on startup occasionally, sounds AUX belt related, could be linked to AC / a dieing pully somewhere.
Rocker cover needs a freshen up
Induction Kit of sorts im still learning about the FN2 so im not sure what to go with yet.
Clutch! its got all the hallmarks of dieing, slight grone every now and again, sloppy selections and high bite.

Bodywork
Every single panel has something up with it (im quite drastic with that comment) it just needs a massive machine polish session, i have already started with this but it will take a considerable amount of time !
Bonnet is fairly stone rashed, toss up between a respray or a carbon bonnet :mrgreen:
Boot spoiler has some marks where its been opened in a garage, again either a replacement or a carbon one.. Can you see a theme building here haha.

Wheels and Tyres
My initial thoughts were ditch the 19's, however they are growing on me and i might just keep them for now, they all need refurbing and new tyres, handily i have a 5th full size spare rage so im going to do this gradually aswell.

Suspension
All round really impressed with it, on closer inspection the ARB bushes are shot, so they need sorting plus i may swap out the droplinks for some new ones too.

Interior
I quite like the interior, its a nice place to be, having said that its wide open for some carbon bits ! im also in two minds about the headunit, keep std and get an AUX adapter or swap out for a double din touch screen, they have come down in price considerably since i was last buying audio gear so that could be a nice option, iv seen you can keep the steering wheel functionality with some adapters? so that would be a bonus.

So thats about it for now, once iv chewed through the more normal tasks i will start on the mods. lucky for me i already have a Cat Back on the car and it sounds quite nice ! Cobra Resonated system by the looks of it. This wont be a hugley quick project but i do plan on getting the more important bits done before june next year, my and my friend do LeMans one year on and one off, 2017 is the next one and were taking this. really cant wait for that !

Added in 5 minutes 43 seconds:
First up is the AC, iv done the usual fault finding exercise, had a read up about common faults etc. I swapped out the relay for a OEM unit from honda £24 not bad, unfortunately its not that, upon closer inspection the AC condenser rad seems to have died.

So out come the tools

That would do it, zero pressure in the system, i went full bore with stuff to remove, im learning as i go on these as they are very different to the fords iv had in the past ! all pretty good though. apart from those plastic clips !! yeh ill need a bag of those as replacements haha. Off to eurocarparts in the morning for a new condenser, hopefully that should see it working after a regas. ill also be meshing the lower grill to try and protect the new one a bit :geek:
By lanfire
Well you lot are chatty ! , for anyone interested the AC is sorted now, chucked a new rad on and got it re-gassed, works spot on.
By *nub*
Welcome to the forum. It's not incredibly active so we hang out in the FN2 modification chat thread or in one of our own modification threads; usually flashy or muse's thread and a few other.
I do like the rages but they do compromise the handling and make your crashy so bear this in mind. We can sort you out with an induction kit if you give us a budget ;)
Got any plans for the exterior? It's an expensive business unfortunately, but fitting mugen replica parts can make it look great. I can show you some pics if you want to go down that route eventually. [emoji4][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By *nub*
Oops I thought this was civinfo forums, so what I posted about other threads is not relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By lanfire
Hi, No worries i guess most forums are like this these days. Yeh the Rage do give a rougher ride, im used to coilovers on the fiestas so in compassion there not too bad, im quite happy with the handling as it is at the mo, my younger days of thrashing the backside of cars are long gone so the occasional spirited drive on b roads seems to suit the rages so far, having said that give it 12 months and i may say something different !.

induction kit im open to options, i like the carbon tegiwa setup, slightly pricey but im not too bothered about it. its a nicety at the end of the day so i can save up for it :)

Exterior im currently mulling over, iv ordered a new Type R badge for the front grill just to make it look proper again, some carbon bits would be nice, spoilers / bonnets etc. have you had any experience with the carbon handle covers and mirror covers, do they look more of an after though being suck on or does it look alright?

Mugen replicas sound good, yeh any pics would be ace :)

Cheers Pal

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]