The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Mini 360
Well this was an unplanned purchase!  Guy at my dads work impregnated his Mrs and suddenly needed a more practical car so bought Dubtaxis Audi wagon.  Wanted shot of this as a result so I got first refusal on it.  Wasn't planning on changing cars at the moment but I got him down to a bargain price considering the condition and relatively low mileage, so I went for it.  Always liked the EP3 shape but never looked into them much.  It's not in the same league as my old 98 Spec JDM DC2 but it strikes a nice balance of performance and comfort the DC2 could never dream of matching. :lol:

It's a non-Premier Edition facelift in Cosmic Grey, with standard black alcantara/red cloth interior.  Needs a couple bits here to tidy it up (its fine really but Im picky).  Apologies for the crap pics courtesy of my dads phone....I will get decent ones when I pick it up tomorrow.

First thing is to fix a knocking steering rack which seems to be a common problem. Ordered the slider from H-Tune so will get that done soon enough.

Got a few mods from 2 owners ago:

Tein springs (reading online I think it gives it a 40mm drop and could be the cause of the knocking steering rack?)
Buddy Club rear camber arms
Eibach front adjustable camber bolts
Scorpion cat back exhaust (not nearly as noisy as I had feared thankfully)

Comes with a few genuine Honda spares (track rod ends, ball joints, belts etc) which will no doubt be handy in future.  

Sadly however it came fitted with standard wheels powder coated gloss black (rank) wrapped in winter tyres which are less than ideal in summer....so I bought a full set of standard wheels in standard Honda grey, with brand new Michelins for super cheap off of a local Facebook group, which should see my right for now.

Rank...

Much better :)  Could do with a refurb and new emblems but they will do for now.  May refurb them over winter.

Not got much planned since its the daily but will no doubt end up doing things here and there.  The number plates need replaced to get rid of the tacky flag (hate flags on plates) but other than that its all good.  Just looking forward to being back in a reasonably quick Honda again as I miss my DC2 badly!  :(
Picked it up just after lunchtime on Thursday and after a brief stop off at the parentals for food, swiftly took it home to change the wheels and tyres over as winters are just plain scary in the heat.

As I was picking up my Mrs from work in the centre of town, stopped to grab a couple of pics by the beach. Boy cleaned it just before I picked it up so it's looking good.

Happy with it so far. Much more comfortable place to be than the R53 Mini Cooper S that I had before was and you can really feel the lightened flywheel taking effect throughout the rev range.

May spend some money on it tomorrow if I'm lucky and get money for my birthday, before we head down to Peebles for the weekend. Should be a good test of it on a longer run :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]