The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By MarshallEP3
So got all the inserts fitted today!

Front (managed to do without dropping subframe)

Rear

And gearbox..

It's vibratey now but in a good way, can feel everything and it's made such a difference, to handling and everything! Such a cheap mod that makes a massive difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ordered two parts this week, one a de-wiper kit and also a 28mm rear arb from Tegiwa.

Chose the largest arb as recommended by a friend who has one fitted to his!

Can't wait to get it on and give it a test drive.

De wiper'd

And the rear arb

By LG87
Lovely mate! The inserts are great aren't they, I don't mind the "Vibratey" feel to be honest.

Be interesting to see how the new ARB works out.

The car is coming on nicely now!

Luke
LG87 wrote:Lovely mate! The inserts are great aren't they, I don't mind the "Vibratey" feel to be honest.

Be interesting to see how the new ARB works out.

The car is coming on nicely now!

Luke

Yeah definitely! One of my favourite mods so far..

Yeah should be good, can't wait to drive it once it's fitted. Should be going on next weekend if all goes to plan!

Removed my manifold heat shield today as the bottom part had rusted away so was just flapping around..

Removed the shield off the bonnet too, just need to clean it up! My one was covered in grease from the previous owner spraying the aux belt so it wasn't as loud when I came to buy it [emoji849]

Really need to clean up the engine bay

Also before winter I plan on removing the rear inner arches, and Undersealing the whole underside of the car.. Got most of the products ready

Fitting the rear arb Saturday so more updates then!

Busy day today.

Went to a friends so he could fit my Tegiwa 28mm rear arb, so happy with it! Makes the backend feel really responsive and gets rid of that boat like feeling, also feels like there's no more understeer!

New vs. Old! (9mm difference)

On the car, can see some horrible surface rust which is why I'll be treating and Undersealing the underneath!

And back on the floor.

Went and met my mate with his Z afterwards and got a couple of pics..

And then got an interior video with the GoPro on the way home.

Lastly more pic whoring. My favourite shot of my car so far from a trip to Southend last week.

Next up, I'll be getting the arches rolled/flared and purchasing some wider tyres!

Some bad luck today.. Turns out my evo lug nuts weren't genuine Mitsubishi ones so they've started cross threading.. Oem wheels back on for now [emoji1304]

Then took out the rear arch liners which was hiding so much dirt and moisture, which lead to some nasty rust.. Majority was surface rust but on the drivers side while I was wire brushing it a hole appeared so that'll have to be cut out and welded.

Kurust on

The start of the hole.. The rest of the metal underneath it was weak so I left it until a friend of mine can sort it out.

Firstly a coat of etched primer

Then the Hammerite

Then lastly underseal

Back on the floor and Oem wheels on

Just the start of protecting the car from rust, will underseal the whole underside of the car bit by bit and change a few bits so it's nice and new looking.

Next update will be the arch sorted out and welded

Where is the start of the hole in the arch I can't see it?

Added in 7 minutes 22 seconds:
Also what was the purpose of using etch primer before the hammerite I thought you could use kurust then paint the smooth black on straight after
chucklberry wrote:Where is the start of the hole in the arch I can't see it?

Added in 7 minutes 22 seconds:
Also what was the purpose of using etch primer before the hammerite I thought you could use kurust then paint the smooth black on straight after

It's only a small hole, I carried on tapping it and it started to push through so i left it.. Didn't want it to be any bigger as it won't be sorted for a couple weeks. Circled it for you..

And as for the etched primer, I was just advised to do it by a friend as that's how he did his a few years ago and it's still solid now. Although the hammerite does say "direct to rust" on the tin, but I just thought of it as an extra layer to protect it.

Being primer did help though, because it was grey I could see easier where I'd painted making sure I got the hammerite everywhere!

Ah that small little hole looks like it's supposed to be there being a perfect circle. Is the bigger one lower down a rubber grommet?

Added in 1 minute 30 seconds:
I'm going to be doing mine soon so that why I'm so curious. I think I will copy your method so; kurust, etch primer, smooth black then underseal.
chucklberry wrote:I'm going to be doing mine soon so that why I'm so curious. I think I will copy your method so; kurust, etch primer, smooth black then underseal.
Yeah that's it, I bought a tin of underseal and also a spray can of it so the bits you can't reach with a brush you can use the spray can to get.

If yours is a facelift like mine you'll have fun taking the rear arch liners off! I got covered in dirt/dust, can't believe how much was hiding behind it.

chucklberry wrote:Yer good idea looks really smart now. Was the bigger circle a rubber grommet?
Yeah sorry forgot to answer that, yeah it's just a rubber grommet, was one on each side I'm pretty sure

By MarshallEP3
Hopefully see a few of you at mimms tomorrow!

Had a hand washing the cosmic haha..

Won't be on a stand unfortunately, was hoping to be on Dream Automotives again but I left it till the last minute and turnt out they weren't having one this mimms [emoji1304]

Well the first thing I said when I bought this car is that I wouldn't get tints, but I sort of missed them from my old EP3 and with the sun beaming on my 7 month old daughter being an issue I decided to just go for it..

So today I got my windows tinted and sun strip fitted.. Won't be too everyone's taste but I like it.

Also went on a drive a couple of weeks ago and took the GoPro to get a couple of pics at Woburn..

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]