The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
So it's been a while since I last posted...

Not been up too much really car wise, except for the monthly meet of my group CTRO BEDS, but now I've finally got some new parts on the way!

My Sportex exhaust has started blowing (predictably) so I thought it was finally time to order a new system!

First off I've ordered a new front engine mount as mines split and don't want any risks of damaging the new manifold when I get it, probably going for Japspeed.

And also a JDM front ARB is on the way for the new manifolds clearance..

Now for the catback.. I've gone for the Js Racing 60 RS system! Always wanted one, and finally went for it.. hopefully be picking it up in the next couple of weeks but for now, the pic from the website.

More to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing exciting, unfortunately after a couple days of ordering the Js exhaust o was informed it won't be here for 8-10 weeks due to no suppliers in the UK having it in stock.

8 weeks to go now! But my JDM front Arb and front engine mount arrived from Tegiwa a couple weeks back.

As soon as the exhaust arrives I'll be ordering a new manifold!

Sorry haven't updated in a while, yeah the exhaust arrived after 6 months!

Got it fitted right away..

Really worth the wait in my opinion, loving it!

And a video of how it sounds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By MarshallEP3
Not much of an exciting update, but the civic was a little over due a service (only 1k miles) so I got that done tonight along with a couple other bits.

Current mileage :

Few bits purchased:

Which included powerflex bushes for my new exhaust system, these two for the back box and have a Js racing one coming for the centre pipe as I'm getting a little movement from my exhaust, hoping these cure it.

Fitted:

Also, while we were waiting for the coolant and oil to empty we sanded down the surface rust off the sills and covered them with
under seal just until I get the time to do a proper job of the underneath.

And cleaned up the rear arb:

I chose to go for a shorter hamp oil filter which was recommended to me by a friend:

That's it for now, hopefully some new parts soon to keep you updated with!

Ended with a couple pics I took after the service..

Been meaning to make a start on undersealing the car for ages now.. finally started it tonight.

Same method as when I did my rear arches.

Sand down any rust
Apply Kurust
Coat of etched primer
Coat of Hammerite
And finally coat of underseal.

Got the main big parts done, next time I'll get some of the nooks and crannys and other parts treated. Looking much better!

And all done

Even done the fuel tank straps

Finally got round to sorting my rear passenger arch..

As said a few posts ago, after I removed the arch liners I was greeted with moist mud, and once I removed that there was a nice hole in the middle of some nasty rust. Been meaning to get it sorted for a while but my friend who sorts all my welding needs outs been busy.

Finally got it done tonight!

Before:

After:

While he did that I did some more rust treating and undersealing.

Nearly done now, a couple more hours one night and the underseal will be finished.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]