The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Well, more drama it seems!

I gave the car 2 decent shakedowns on road, no issue. Then yesterday, setting off for Donington Park, second gear sounds very noisy. So I skip second and use the other gears (Donnington doesn't need it anyway). But the problem gets worse, and the box is noisy even in neutral. Gets worse and I'm forced to retire.

Also annoyingly my lap timing system failed after 4 steady laps (best of 1min 32 up to that point), so had no idea how it went after that.

Another setback, potentially expensive and time consuming to fix :(
Ok guys here's the score, the shell has damage from the Ring still. The paint has never been any good (blistered in places) and it's now damaged or marked on every single panel. To add to that, the car now has gearbox problems.

So I'm going to strip it. But... there's a twist. I'm going to keep most of the very special bits. Why? Because the most economical way for me to carry on with this project is to buy another track prepped Civic for its shell, and use a combination of the best parts from the two cars to build a super spec Civic... and sell whats left.

So this shell is going to be chopped up... BUT, the project *might* live on, in the spring, in a new build.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]