The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Collister
Well guys I picked up my 3rd type r up a JRSC EP3 about a month ago so thought it was about time I started a thread.
I have done a few bits to it since it was purchased but have some big plans ahead.

Current spec
Engine
Jackson Racing supercharger 8psi
650cc RC injectors
Hondata K100 ecu
Gruppe M airbox
Dc sports manifold
Supersprint b pipe
Area motorsports thermostatic oil cooler
Clockwise baffled sump
Energy engine mounts

Transmission
Quaife atb lsd
Powerflex gearbox bush
Tegiwa short shifter (to be fitted)
Tegiwa solid shifter bushes (to be fitted)
Facelift flywheel

Suspension
Hsd monotube coilovers
Adjustable camber bolts
Adjustable camber arms
JDM front anti roll bar
Adjustable camber bolts
Skunk2 rear trailing arms (to be fitted)
Asr subframe brace (to be fitted)
Beaks lower brace (to be fitted)

Wheels
Rota boost 7.5x17

Brakes
Goodridge braided hoses
Ferrodo ds2500 pads

Interior
Leather type r seats
Recaro SPG seats to be fitted.

Now some pics

Waiting for the ferry back to the Isle of Man after a long two days driving from heysham to Essex and back to Liverpool, trusty sprinter in the back ground

Back home parked next to my parents EP3

Gave the engine back a quick clean up

Washed and polished

Yesterday treated it to some new rear brakes and power flex gearbox mount, had to change the exhaust over for the Manx registration test.

swapped it over to the oem wheels as the tyres were almost next, also sorted the squeeky front brakes.

Sitting pretty low on the front :-)

Last edited by Collister on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Stamford78
Very nice. Can you tell me what was causing the front brakes to squeak as mine has just started doing it. Congratulations on the car.
By Collister
Stamford78 wrote:Very nice. Can you tell me what was causing the front brakes to squeak as mine has just started doing it. Congratulations on the car.
they were binding slightly also. the pads just needed some copper slip on the back
By 160mph_boy
What power is it currently putting out... any dyno print outs?

Engine spec sounds good 8-)
By Stamford78
Collister wrote:
Stamford78 wrote:Very nice. Can you tell me what was causing the front brakes to squeak as mine has just started doing it. Congratulations on the car.
they were binding slightly also. the pads just needed some copper slip on the back
Ok thanks. Will give that a go. Merry xmas.
By Collister
160mph_boy wrote:What power is it currently putting out... any dyno print outs?

Engine spec sounds good 8-)
Cheers Its 298 Bhp I'll get a pic of the graph up soon
By Collister
So good week this week it passed the our import test first time so just need to re register it now.

Small update fitted my Tegiwa short shifter and solid shifter bushes

started stripping the old bushes out

old bushes out

Short shifter and sold bushes

New bushes fitted

Short shifter fitted

Hey presto done

old bushes pulled out

New shiney ones

Almost done

All back together

Ordered one of these last week also couldn't resist

By w6ady
I use one of those shift lights pal good bit of kit. Very bright for day time which is ideal also auto dims at night. Stops you hitting the limiter so much so should help engine life. I found it a bit awkward to set up but that's probably me being a plank :lol:
By Collister
w6ady wrote:I use one of those shift lights pal good bit of kit. Very bright for day time which is ideal also auto dims at night. Stops you hitting the limiter so much so should help engine life. I found it a bit awkward to set up but that's probably me being a plank :lol:
Nice should be good, did it come with all the connectors etc? Easy enough to fit?
By w6ady
Not sure on the fitting mate as area motorsport fitted mine for me. Sorry I can't be anymore help. I downloaded the operating manual from the Internet to help me set it up. I found it a bit awkward but got there in the end.
By Collister
w6ady wrote:Not sure on the fitting mate as area motorsport fitted mine for me. Sorry I can't be anymore help. I downloaded the operating manual from the Internet to help me set it up. I found it a bit awkward but got there in the end.
Ok cheers I'll see what it looks like when it comes then I will decide if I can be bothered fitting it :LOL:
By Collister
This weekend job lined up, I just need to workout which cable is feeding the Rev counter

By Collister
Well decided to fit my shift lights this morning could have ended in catastrophy due to messing with wiring never being my forte some pics
Dial custer housing removed
Dial cluster and centre console taken out
Shift light sat in postion with the cables routed
Wired up
Started setting them up
All done just need to test them later
By Collister
Small update but not though show yet.... I've sorted my the roll cage Ive booked for the car to go to Sw Motorsports for custom cages multipoint cage with welded in seat rails. Whilst it's there they are doing removing the abs using 40/40 prop valve with bias adjuster and hydro handbrake, aswell as flocking the dash.
By Collister
Cosmic-Dan wrote:Nice update, will be following this. Are you looking to go racing?
Cheers, I'm planning on doing my local hill climbs and trackdays for now then see what happens :-D
By Collister
Parts collecting at the moment

Some 6pt harnesses

I stripped the rear this afternoon so I will get some pics up later
By Collister
Well I've took a turn on this. I seem another ep3 local to me it's an 04 facelift with less miles. The plan is to swap the jrsc and the other mods to my new car.

excuse the poor pics will get some better ones tomorrow

By Collister
MichaelEp3 wrote:I do prefer the facelift (as I have one) but your leaving the best colour behind also :P
good luck with the swap !
I don't really mind I like both, the facelift means I can run an undertray splitter. I do like the red though

Added in 2 hours 23 minutes 7 seconds:
Some better pics of the new car

Added in 23 seconds:
Some better pics of the new car

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]