The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Hi Guys and Gal's,

This is the number plate design that i have chosen for the time being for my Civic Type R Championship Ltd Edition.

I gone with a domed black lettering because i like the raised black glossy look also 'Typr r' slogan under the lettering, i like that little touch! :mrgreen: And a burgundy red badge to match the Honda badge with GB and Pistonheads logo.
Also got this inexpensive chrome plate holder but i think it look good. Just had to cut a small piece out at the bottom to show the 'Type R' slogan! :roll:
Further down the line looking to go Carbon Fibre look! So maybe get a carbon fibre style plate holder and 3D Carbon Plates! :P
Last edited by CiViC-STU on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi Type R Fans,

Changed title of this threat so i can keep adding things to it rather that creating new threads all the time!

Just want to show of my new Mugan Style Carbon Fibre gear shifter knob. I think it is an improvement over the OEM one and it looks alot cooler. The gear shifts are feeling more comfortable with this new addition! :-D

My CTR Championship Edition FN2 is Number 206! Here's my plaque. I like the Championship White matching effect looks cool! 8-)

More posts coming soon. :-) Still got alot of updating to do i done alot more than i have show so far but i will post things up in parts until i am up-to-date with all the stuff i have done so far!
Last week fitted my new Team HEKO deflectors. These look and fit pretty nicely! Really like the look with the other black trim really suits the car IMO!

Also gave the car a winter wash and wax protecting the paint from this horrible rainy December!! (No rust please)
The deflectors are a very tight fit so there very water tight and those aero's are going be great at high speed directing air to the right place!

Keep tuned for plenty more updates :-D
Hi peeps,
Got my new Alloys and Tyres just after the new year! Was really exited waiting for them to get to me.
My plan is to keep the original Championship White alloys, have them fully cleaned and restored like new to be put away as a spare set of alloys and tyres for my CTR. I really love the originals and because they are white they get some pretty harsh treatment on British winter roads with all the salt and grime! They are just so hard to keep clean and like new so i wanted a replacement set to use instead!

I decided on a top quality set with the 18" Ronal R57 MCR Alloy Wheels, 7.5j, 5 stud, black and red double split 5 spoke babies. Getting these fitted with Dunlop Speedmax 225/40/18. Which i think will be a pair made in heaven! :angel:
http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wh ... ed/18-inch

Just fitted them to my CTR the other day. I also purchased a set of VOLK RAYS FORMULA WHEEL LOCKING NUTS to secure them extra securely to my car.
Here are a few quick pics that i have managed to snap (Sorry cars not very clean with British weather).
Looking forward to feedback from people but i think they look mint. I love the black against the white car and the contrast of the red stripe and i love that more of the brake discs and callipers are exposed compared to the original CW alloys. This will help the brake temps allot and just aesthetically looks better IMO. :-)

I'm looking to detail my car soon and clean it to show them to their best so stay tuned. :-D
jtc wrote:Dafuq are those wheels!
There called 18" Ronal Alloys with Dunlop Speedmax tyres look them up they probably cost more than your hole car! Diggg! :bored:
This is because of your ignorant comment!
Granted the pics are quick snaps and my car is not clean so its not a final result. :-)
Batfink76 wrote:Jtc, you been told bitch lol.
Have to get some better pics for you guys. These images not showing off to good!
It seems my phone camera struggles to show white and black contrasting very well.
They look allot better in the flesh.

I can tell you now that the Dunlop SportsMax Tyres are running alot better than my Brigestone Eagle F1's that i have on my original alloys. They are stickier and they are giving me allot better ride overall. Riding like a shaven blond with plenty lubrication ;-) !

Added in 13 minutes 31 seconds:

Put the full set of my Burgundy nut protector covers on.
CiViC-STU wrote:
jtc wrote:Dafuq are those wheels!
There called 18" Ronal Alloys with Dunlop Speedmax tyres look them up they probably cost more than your hole car!
Fair enough, if that's what you like! If they're that valuable, did your insurance company put your premium up when you told them you'd fitted expensive non-standard alloy wheels?

I see Ronal do some other interesting alloys!
Iceberg wrote: Loving the work you've done, looks good fella. What job you looking to do next?
Thanks. My next job is to get a carbon fibre bonnet to lighten the car slightly and for the look of the black carbon mix with the championship white! I like the Tegiwa bonnet looks cool and will be built well.
Not sure whether to get the normal bonnet or the air inlet version. I think the air inlet bonnet is too in your face and could mess up the originality. :?:

My main focus in the near future is exterior looks, weigh and aerodynamics with the car! :-D
Then will be doing full suspension upgrade!

Added in 3 minutes 11 seconds:
FunkyRemix wrote:They probably look better in person :P
My phone camera struggles to pick-up the white and black mix well. They do look allot better in person! :-D

Added in 9 minutes 47 seconds:
MichaelEp3 wrote:Love the championship white!
Very nice, I do think the standard alloys look great though but like you say the weather is rough!
Thanks. I'm going to fully clean and restore my original championship white alloys like new and keep them for summer cruses so i keep them mint!
These replacement are a second set for me to use most of the time they don't look as good as the originals i must admit but they drive better and are better engineered than the originals you'd be amazed how well they drive.
Champ white alloys for show and the Ronals R57's are made for business!! :-D
MichaelEp3 wrote:Love the championship white!
Very nice, I do think the standard alloys look great though but like you say the weather is rough!
Thanks. I'm going to fully clean and restore my original championship white alloys like new and keep them for summer cruses so i keep them mint!
These replacement are a second set for me to use most of the time they don't look as good as the originals i must admit but they drive better and are better engineered than the originals you'd be amazed how well they drive.
Champ white alloys for show and the Ronals R57's are made for business!! :-D

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]