The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
*nub* wrote:Carbon fibre bonnet works well on CW IMO. Although I want to get a mugen vented bonnet colour coded to match my other fugen stuff. A Js style vented bonnet would make your front end look more aggressive ;)
Yep Black carbon with white is the best combo looks crisp and classy IMO!

Will be looking to get black carbon diffuser fitted to suit after the bonnet! Replacing the original (not a big fan of the FN2 ass :lol: ).

Added in 8 minutes 27 seconds:
*nub* wrote: A Js style vented bonnet would make your front end look more aggressive ;)
I'm liking the slick look of Tegiwas carbon fibre bonnet. I'm wanting to keep the original shape of the front of the FN2!

Got a good update for you guys here. It been a while with work commitments but finally got round to doing some improvements to my CTR CW!

Be great to see what you guys think of what i have done. My aim is to keep the car fairly original with it being a valued CW all the things i have done can be undone as i have kept all my original stuff. But i think what i am adding still give better than stock results.

Here what the cars looking like now:

:mrgreen: Light wasn't too good in the pictures so not showroom standard but it gives you guys a good idea!?

More to come!! Cheers. :-D

Added in 30 minutes 25 seconds:
One of the things i did is got some good plates my other set i had from DemonPlates they were quite expensive and also quite crap! Don't recommend. The cracked and become discoloured within less than a year sometimes cost doesn't reflect quality in that case.

But since then i have come across these beauties. They are pressed aluminium plates from
Ebay

There stunning plates with a carbon fibre domed effect and cost 1/2 of the last plates i had. I really recommend these! Also got black surrounds with the both front and back looks great. :lol:

Added in 2 minutes 56 seconds:
One of the things i did is got some good plates my other set i had from DemonPlates they were quite expensive and also quite crap! Don't recommend. They cracked and become discoloured within less than a year, sometimes cost doesn't reflect quality in that case.

But since then i have come across these beauties. They are pressed aluminium plates from Ebay

There stunning plates with a carbon fibre domed effect and cost 1/2 of the last plates i had. I really recommend these! Also got black surrounds with the both front and back looks great. :lol:
I have had the Tegiwa Vented Carbon Fibre A class Bonnet installed on my car in replacement of the original which i'm going to keep safe and re-spray and laqure later!

The Tegiwa Bonnet is a really good fit and i am very impressed with the finnish. I think it goes so well with the Championship White mix and look so cool with the Vents which i wasnt going to choose originally but now im glad i did! :-)

Even though the bonnet is a very good fit i still thought there was too much panel gap between the bonnet and side fender panel. But i came up with the idea of getting some 6M Chrome U-profile Car Trim Molding Edge Guard Strip 6 x 4mm
This has closed the gap better and looks the part so i'm very happy considering it cost a measly £5 to do!
Here are the results:

:-D
I'm sure if the gap would have bothered me, i know it's annoying seeing it but nobody driving towards you would notice it. That's an interesting solution though [emoji4]
I really do like the Js bonnet, there's not many CWs with that. Here's one with some more mugen parts on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*nub* wrote:I'm sure if the gap would have bothered me, i know it's annoying seeing it but nobody driving towards you would notice it. That's an interesting solution though [emoji4]
I really do like the Js bonnet, there's not many CWs with that.
Yea I know what you mean. But I must admit I really like the look of the thin chrome strip around the edges. It also acts as a edge protector on the bonnet, the carbon bonnet does seem like it would be suseptable to edge wear, so that's one solution. Also its now totally unique and that I do like! ;-)
The bonnet straight from the box is beautifully made. The Carbon weave gives off a slight metallic shine in bright light which look so cool! (Pic coming soon!)

Cheers Nubs. :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]