The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By burton
*nub* wrote:Haha cheers. Don't worry if nobody posts in here, forums in general are dying. It's the same on civinfo, there's about 5 of us posting in eachothers build threads haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I appreciate your updates!
By *nub*
Cheers bro

Made a quick video on the way back from gym by wedging my iPhone between the dash and window lol. It doesn't look particularly fast for 340 bhp and 4.7 FD, nor sound great with the phone and I open the window towards the end. But this will do until I make some real drive by vids from outside the car when you can really hear everything. I really don't know what my exhaust/car sounds like until I can get someone to film me.

https://vimeo.com/175145449
https://vimeo.com/175151572

By Danny_J
Im still here. Long time lurker, infrequent poster... Always check your thread for updates.

Glad you eventually solved the exhaust issue. Any plans for more power or is it pretty much maxed with current setup?
By *nub*
Hiya.

I do have more plans but not sure when. Marcin l, one of the previous owners of the charger pretty much maxed it out IIRC. I would guess the charger is capable of 380bhp or so, and maybe 260ftlb peak torque, but the best part is how low the torque comes in. Mine already makes 200ftlb at 3500rpm, with a less restrictive and maxed out setup you're probably getting 200ftlb at 2000rpm which is awesome like a turbo diesel !

For that you want engine balanced shaft delete, fd2 pump, 3" exhaust and bigger inlets and larger TB, k24 CP. They port the blowers in the US too. My plan would be keep my setup but use a larger IMT inlet that I have not installed, and also a 2.95" pulley gains 0.5 psi. This could get me from 340 up to 350-360 bhp I would guess.

By *nub*
Got windows tinted. I say tinted, it's just the tint film like the one I bought yet failed to apply myself so the profit margin is quite big lol. I'm happy with it anyway ;)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

ImageImage

Added in 2 minutes :
And I figured after 5 years or however long I've been on here I might as well get some stickers

Last edited by *nub* on Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
By *nub*
Drove through France Belgium Germany today and did 1 lap of the Nurburgring. Wasn't going mad or anything but it was fun. Only pics I will have are any uploaded tomorrow where i will have more to say about it as knackered right now due to so much driving. Still no particularly good scenic shots either. But more pics and videos to come over the next few days

By *nub*
Yeah we've got a schedule and route but only got there early enough for 1 or 2 Laps though, but good fun and my first track ever so enough for now.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Added in 4 minutes 28 seconds:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

By *nub*
Well I've had an absolute disaster. My supercharger and engine itself is fine, but the idler pulley exploded. This is made specifically by CT engineering and although I'm sure many universal pulleys exist that are suitable, I cannot hope to find one while I'm France and the rest of my group has had to leave me behind. Another guy in a standard 2014 m135i has also had some pulley broke and had to leave his car behind, and a supercharged S2000 had heat issues the whole trip and had to be left behind. I think I've been really unlucky as aside from that, the car has performed fantastically and looks fantastic and gets more attention than the other cars I'm with including 350 and 370z, charged E46 M3 etc. I never had any heat issues either, only annoying thing was the tyres catch on the archers slightly when cornering fast and/or going fast over bumps.
Anyway CT have offered to send one by freight and that's the option I'm going with. But I'm stuck in south France until then which kind sucks. Got some great photos though they car really performs well with the AD08s. Cruising on the motorway at around 90mph+ was also a breeze as at over 4000rpm the charger has well over 200lbft and enough power to speed up without changing gear, this is competing with 350 and 370z with more low torque this charger really is awesome for all types of driving. Wish me luck, because as nice as Nice is (excuse the pun) I'd like to be out of France by the end of the week [emoji30]

By *nub*
Long story short, CT Engineering sent me a replacement pulley out which I received Wednesday but had to end my trip early as I didn't have time to catch up. I was supposed to go through Italy and end up in Bilbao Spain to get the ferry back. Car drove perfectly back though, aside from the pulley im very pleased with it. Someone asked me about brakes earlier (or was it civinfo)... Well I have no complaints and there was no fade, not that I pushed them too hard. I can't compare them to other BBKs but I cannot imagine doing the trip with OEM brakes, it would have been dangerous. Very useful when you're cruising in the fast lane and someone pulls out infront of you unexpectedly.

By *nub*
Yeah I was looking into that. A recovery service quoted me something like £975 excluding VAT and I guess they doesn't include my own recovery back to UK also so just decided to drive all the way back up through France to Calais [emoji30]

Added in 51 minutes 10 seconds:
Sorry think I might have misunderstood you there [emoji3]

By Danny_J
Ah that sucks about the pulley :( Atleast you got it sorted in the end though and props to CT for sending a replacement out so quick. Did they ship it from the US too? Awesome customer service! :)

Good to hear about the project K bbk as well as im still debating it (have been for about 3 months now!) Just not sure id get much use as car never goes on track, just fast road. There has been a few hairy moments but overall oem with ds2500 is fairly capable unless you stamp on them from like 120+ imo.

Maybe one day ill stop being so tight and just get it bought....
By *nub*
Danny_J wrote:Ah that sucks about the pulley :( Atleast you got it sorted in the end though and props to CT for sending a replacement out so quick. Did they ship it from the US too? Awesome customer service! :)

Good to hear about the project K bbk as well as im still debating it (have been for about 3 months now!) Just not sure id get much use as car never goes on track, just fast road. There has been a few hairy moments but overall oem with ds2500 is fairly capable unless you stamp on them from like 120+ imo.

Maybe one day ill stop being so tight and just get it bought....
Yeah I bought my supercharger second hand so they don't owe me anything, if I bought it new they'd probably have sent it free. They did charge me for it and it was expensive with customs fees but gave me a discount. Sent me the lower pulley as a precaution and also a new belt. Ordered it Monday night and it arrived by freight Wednesday and I truly appreciate it as I might still be in Nice today. Bloody paying 60 euros each time to "Pierre taxis" and hotels from booking.com which was also saved my ass!Literally made a post on Facebook asking for help and a few people messaged me inc Johnny Tegiwa, Paul west, random French people and Romain who I've never met before, made a group chat for me with relevant people in France and they managed to find a backup for me in case CT one didn't arrive.

You'd be fine with under 250bhp on the street for sure, with pads and hoses upgrade and it was never on my priority list. BBK helps a lot having 340bhp as I know it can stop me very quickly if I need to, I can get up to 80mph very quickly now. Well balanced for the kerb weight of the car too. I've also had a close call and had to emergency stop once not long after fitting them and I think if I had the OEM brakes I wouldn't have avoided the collision as there was only a few metres from me hitting them! Can't remember what happened, I may have been distracted by a nice college girl or something [emoji846]

By *nub*
Found some ring photos although quality isn't great I thought I'd stick em up as the car looks decent. No doubt I'm on the wrong line too.

ImageImage

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]