The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By *nub*
Changed my mirror caps blessed by Loxy back to CW as I wanted the car to look whiter overall and regain some of its CW character. Actually seeing a standard CW with all OEM bumpers kinda made me a bit nostalgic over the brief period my FN2 was OEM looking before I Fugenised it. I really have a soft spot for a standard looking CW edition, I think they look great on the road even though I've only ever seen 2 or 3 apart from mine and not many white cars can pull it off. The NHB contrast caps do work great in their own right, and the contrast black on the mugen looks fantastic and more aggressive for sure but with my wheels and tinted windows black I wanted to balance it out a bit more.
Also took some pics at the shop and Starbucks as I thought it was a sunny day and looked nice. I'm almost becoming some kind of sh-t iPhone photographer even though I don't do art. Just missing a watermark and some swirly magic lines. They do say "if you don't look back at the car - you've got the wrong car", or something like that anyway. Still haven't got my vented mugen rep Carbon bonnet painted either but I'm thinking that will make the front end a bit more interesting and make the charger more prominent too.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By *nub*
I don't get coffee there anymore. They do a nice chicken and bacon panini though but it's over £4

Instagram photo:

By *nub*
dweezle wrote:The M20's kept the white caps, looks better
Mine is an M20, getting the bonnet soon ish ;)

The contrast does looks good in black, and when I bought them from loxy I loved them. I didn't have fugen kit on though. as I said I've already got enough black on the car and wanted to revert to a more 'championship white' scheme. Only a small thing obviously but I feel it made a lot of difference to the appearance and it's kept me happy for a few days until I decide to paint the bonnet or do something else to the car. It might be included in a magazine shoot from my local garage soon, but I'm not sure.

Added in 48 seconds:

The contrast does looks good in black, and when I bought them from loxy I loved them. I didn't have fugen kit on though. as I said I've already got enough black on the car and wanted to revert to a more 'championship white' scheme. Only a small thing obviously but I feel it made a lot of difference to the appearance and it's kept me happy for a few days until I decide to paint the bonnet or do something else to the car. It might be included in a magazine shoot from my local garage soon, but I'm not sure.

By *nub*

Added in 6 seconds:

By *nub*

By dweezle
It's looking good, makes me miss mine,
Have you thought about the Vented fenders they make a big difference to the final look. 1 thing I did with my Cw caps was dark smoke the indicator lenses, it gave it that contrast & also flowed with the tinted windows, there was a chap on civinfo selling the stuff for a couple of quid, 5min job with a hairdryer
By *nub*
Vented fenders are on my list of things I'd like, but it's not priority for me before bonnet and remap UNLESS a set came up for sale for a good price - Im susceptible to impulse buying. Trouble is they generally need a bit of work to get them lined up but the biggest draw back is they definitely require blending, even if they were already on a champ white car. I'm sure it would improve the side profile greatly as it's a bit dull and flat with OEM fenders. Just can't justify what would be over £700 to get the job done right now.
Smoked lights in general have never appealed to me however it may just not look good in photos and something if need to see in person. I think I prefer the crystal clear lights, I've not seen tinted indicators though. [emoji848]

By dweezle
I prefer the clear look of the headlights on the Honda's, they have a nice shape to them,
This is the only pic I have that shows the wing mirror indicators smoked (they looked darker than the pic shows) It's a subtle touch but looks good

My works carpark a few yrs back, you can compare mine to my mates unsmoked indicators

By *nub*
It's too subtle to notice tbh lol, in photos anyway. And I'd be afraid to mess it up. I don't want anymore black on the car I think except for the M bonnet vents which I'll put some thick mesh over, similar to the OEM grille but thinner and smaller holes than what's on the mugen grille/front splitter.

By *nub*
Lewisgame wrote:Car is looking nice. Although I'm not a fan of the rims, the red stripe in particular.
u wot? You don't like my Ray's? Don't talk to me ever again... [emoji35]

Just kidding ofc. I completely understand as I hate 95% of all alloys, be it bronze, gloss black, gun metal and the other colours that are clearly popular to other people - I just don't like them. But I like matte black alloys and OEM White is growing on me (on a CW FN2). I would say they look better in person but if you don't like them, you still won't like them [emoji4] im not sure if I'd like it without the red lip, maybe it would look better though . the red lip kinda looks good when moving though and it's my favourite spoke design after volk CE28N. FK2 has the same red lip of course but I don't like the gloss black or flat spokes.

By Lewisgame
Just because they're expensive JDM y0 doesn't mean they're good looking [emoji16]
The wheel design and the colour I don't mind. It's just the red stripe isn't for me. Suppose they're more interesting than my boring silver rims.
By *nub*
At the end of the day, you drive the car and look at it so you buy you looks good to you, and we're all different in that regard and it's 'not your cup of tea'. That sad, I sometimes wonder what's going on in people's brains when they do those unique and odd colour schemes like make their Type R and Honda badges or other parts green, yellow or orange for example. Even subjectively speaking, there's just no way that these colours go well or work with NHB, red or any colour type R. and they make their car look tacky shite to everyone but themselves. Anyway, I was aware the red lip wasn't popular too, but I look at them and I can't help but like them. I don't think I'm one of those delusional owners though. Dotty has mugen GPs, way more expensive and unquestionably better alloys than my Ray's, but I just don't like the colour or spokes and still prefer my Ray's!

By *nub*
I accidentally bought a Tegiwa mani that Grinspeed advertised with only 500 miles on it. Even though my car drives fine with the cheaper replica and this Tegiwa may not make any difference [emoji849] because of Jamie's on civinfo me low figure (which may be nothing to do with his manifold) made me paranoid that I may have lost some top end without realising [emoji30]
£350 off from £550 brand new is not a bad price though and it's nice and shiny. I'm interested to see if I feel any difference at all without remapping.

ImageImage

By CiViC-STU
Hey *Nub* great looking CW! 8-)

Iv also got the CW but have not opted for the aggressive look of the Mugen Aero packs! Check mine out!

Just a question to you? Does the rear spoiler reduce the top speed of the car and does it give you any advantage over stock because i find that my stock spoiler is more than adequate. Im not running much over the stock HP of 201bhp but if i decide to tune is the more aggressive spoiler needed?

Thanks Bud. :-)
By *nub*
Hi stu.

The spoiler is purely cosmetic won't lower top speed as far as I know if it did, then by like 1-5 mph at a guess if at lol, and my car should do 160 quite easily.I think some of the huge GT wings can. In theory may create more downforce and stability but again that's probably like well over 100mph. I've heard on some testing on EK9s or one of them that even their little spoiler does affect stability at higher speed on track - but that's compared to having no spoiler at all. I don't think mugen spoiler was wind tunnel tested

Added in 2 hours 58 minutes 2 seconds:
Also I saw your CW, I do very much like the standard bumpers on the CW, and I feel CW on a type R really stands out amongst other cars. Obviously I planned to go with the aggressive look, because that's what I prefer personally and it needed to look fast, relative to its 340bhp supercharger performance [emoji4]
If you or anything else considers transforming your type R to a mugen rep then I highly recommend Type R kits, as do many others. I paid them a total of £1600 for grille, badges, front splitter, rear splitter & rear spoiler. And best of all this was all pre painted in champion ship white which saved me a lot of money. Only thing I'm missing is the vented wings which I may buy one day, I also have the bonnet waiting to be painted but I won't do this for a while as I need to save money.

By *nub*
Also I saw your CW, I do very much like the standard bumpers on the CW, and I feel CW on a type R really stands out amongst other cars. Obviously I planned to go with the aggressive look, because that's what I prefer personally and it needed to look fast, reflecting its 340bhp supercharger performance and then it really looks like something quite special on the road [emoji4]
If you or anything else considers transforming your type R to a mugen rep then I highly recommend Type R kits, as do many others. I paid them a total of £1600 for grille, badges, front splitter, rear splitter & rear spoiler. And best of all this was all pre painted in champion ship white which saved me a lot of money. Only thing I'm missing is the vented wings which I may buy one day, I also have the bonnet waiting to be painted but I won't do this for a while as I need to save money.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]