The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By CiViC-STU
Cheers Nubs,

Tegiwa do a 'FRP REAR WING SPOILER CIVIC FN2 TYPE R' this just apply's to the existing tyre r spoiler.

I was thinking of going down that road. Because i have the Bonnet and the Carbon will match well. I think this is more the look i'm going for rather than the aggressive 'Mugen style'. Mind you £275 is pretty steep for something to just stick onto the existing spoiler!??!
Last edited by dandemoraliser on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: no ebay links
By *nub*
CiViC-STU wrote:Cheers Nubs,

Tegiwa do a 'FRP REAR WING SPOILER CIVIC FN2 TYPE R' this just apply's to the existing tyre r spoiler.

I was thinking of going down that road. Because i have the Bonnet and the Carbon will match well. I think this is more the look i'm going for rather than the aggressive 'Mugen style'. Mind you £275 is pretty steep for something to just stick onto the existing spoiler!??!
Yes mate, by all means if you prefer that look, you're not the first. In some ways I prefer the OEM FN2 spoiler too but I can't have it both ways and wanted the complete look. I think it may be a replica of another brand, it may be the "The seeker wing"? Google image that and see if it's the same then you might get some better pics to help you decide. It's expensive because it's carbon fibre I guess but you can buy cheaper versions on EBay I'm sure. Just don't buy too cheap that's not reputable or there may be fitment, quality issues etc.

Those plates do look good but I'm banning myself from buying mods for now. I might get my Tegiwa mani fitted but that's it for now [emoji4][emoji1303]

Random pics and pic of an S2000 I kinda considered for my next car. I think a turbo s2000 would be great one day, if they still look good by then

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By *nub*
Did I forget to mention I sold the. car? Well i have had a 370z over a month now but several months ago my mechanic borrowed my car for a Banzai mag feature, and it's this February issue. I never actually met any of them and I'm not in any pics but it's a nice end to my project, shame I don't own it anymore but the pics are great. Although it appears like I've answered questions and been interviewed, I had no input on that.. Ironically all of the content and description of the car was literally copy and pasted almost word for word from my for sale advert on PH which I did write! So that was a surprise but it kinda worked out ok anyway and made sense, lucky I didn't a load of wotsit! In some ways I do miss it, even though the 370Z is a better car. it carried more presence on the road and turned heads everyday especially with oncoming traffic. because the Mugen styling and design is so awesome and it kinda looks like a weapon I think. not mine in particular but all CW mugenised FN2s are one of the best looking and aggressive cars on the road IMO, whereas the 370 is more subtle in that regard but of course I've not done anything to it yet [emoji4]

ImageImageImage

By *nub*
Thank you very much! Some more pics for ya including two with the wheels shopped black which I intend to do. I realise there's no interest for 370zs on here, I was never interested when I had my type R... so Im not going make another thread or add anymore updates, so this is like the conclusion to the project thread. However if anyone is considering getting a 370Z, I can recommend it highly [emoji6]

ImageImagehttps://vimeo.com/201023852

By Arnie
The 370z looks nice in white. i crashed my last EP3, bought a 350Z . had it for one summer and it did not grow on me at all. buildquality sucked, not fast (i liked the noise and torque though) .
Im back in a EP3 with 253bhp and i will never sell it :D
You will be back to, just wait! :LOL:
By *nub*
I swear I posted a reply to this last night ?

Added in 58 seconds:
Driving ATM but I'll respond ASAP

By *nub*
Ok mate I won't write a big comparison post between the cars unless you actually want to know anything in particular as I've already done so loads of times now on other forums. But if you do want to know feel free to ask [emoji4]
The M200 was holding its value really well last time I looked, a few grand above champ white Editions which also hold their value. They were 12-14 grand last time I checked. So I can say they will hold their value better as you'd expect but you are paying a premium for bumpers, alloys - some say it's not worth it but don't let that discourage you if you want it. I almost bought absolute bargain m200 with full genuine Mugen kit including bonnet and that would have been my supercharged car if I wasn't beaten to it just as I was looking to buy plane tickets (it was in Scotland). Do consider whether youd rather have a champ white like me and have more money fur mods. Personally I would not have an FN2 without a Mugen or fugen kit on it. I can highly recommend Type R kits btw, if you get the m200 then you'd only need the grille and spoiler which are perfect replicas.
As for my car, there was nothing wrong with my it, I have so much good stuff to say about it, primarily due to the charger and of course the Mugen kit (mine was Fugen) which the M200 shares the bumpers. Basically I really wanted the 2015 370z Nismo, I think they look and sound amazing and it was like a dream car to me. But I couldn't spend 30k right now! Then I realised a regular Nissan 370Z is about 80% the same car and the 2015 Nismo bumpers bolt straight on so I could have a Nismo rep and a very modern aggressive looking car for a few grand more than my FN2 was worth. Not to mention one of the best sounding cars under 25k with the 3.7ltr V6. So I got full asking price for my FN2, bought a slightly modified GT Edition which is an actual limited edition with 16k miles on it and some expensive exhaust on it and remapped to 345bhp in immaculate condition so I'm very pleased with it. Its a bit slower than my FN2, and the FN2 was superior in a few aspects but ultimately the 370 is in another league. I'd really recommend one if your budget stretches and you can run a two seater. It's not as cheap to run obviously. To conclude I will say that for the money and under 13-14k I think there is no car better than a Mugenised boosted FN2. I still think a Mugen FN2 is such an awesome looking car, the best looking hot hatch even now so I'd still recommend it, whether it's 230bhp or boosted. I would only go with a CT charger or tdi turbo kit. However, the Type R is a Honda Civic underneath and as good as mine looked, at some angles it reminded me that i can't change that. That's fine of course because it is supposed to be exactly that; a hot hatch. Yet the 370z is designed from scratch as a sports car (a grand tourer specifically) and you can see that looking at it and feel it driving it - although I won't often drive it as a sports car, more of a daily. RWD has its benefits of course and I just wanted an upgrade. HTH [emoji3]

By FunkyRemix
Great reply, thanks Nub. I have 2 gremlins so need rear seats for the occasional school run/ dad taxi journeys etc.

Reckon you should still put up a build thread here in other Marques, some may be interested :wink:

Can I ask how much you sold your car for? (Don't have to say though!)
By *nub*
£13,500. Which is what I listed it for, I think it's ok considering the time of the year. It was just before Xmas!

By *nub*
Arnie wrote:The 370z looks nice in white. i crashed my last EP3, bought a 350Z . had it for one summer and it did not grow on me at all. buildquality sucked, not fast (i liked the noise and torque though) .
Im back in a EP3 with 253bhp and i will never sell it :D
You will be back to, just wait! :LOL:
The 350zs are slow especially the old ones, and not the same as the 370. It's almost like comparing an EP3 to an FK2. Even a stock 370z isn't really fast, although at the time it was one of the most powerful cars you could buy within its class and much cheaper.

I've had an EP3 almost 250bhp, great cars but even though mine was a 2006 premier they are becoming old. I loved mine for what it was but I wanted something more modern. Yes it's more raw and engaging but actually the 370z has a fair amount of road noise and with a louder catback the V6 engine/exhaust note is always present and very addictive as you climb the revs. Much like Vtec but obviously better [emoji3]
And I've yet to experience any induction kit on my Z

By *nub*
Well the new owner took it on track today, despite having a 17 stone passenger and himself 13 stone, lots of fuel and apparently air con was on he was very impressed with the performance, saying it beat every other car. Unfortunately after 25 laps he says the clutch started slipping, and I'm a bit annoyed by that because the ACT clutch has been flawless for me and rated to 250lbfts when the peak torque is 230lbs, plus its done less than 10k miles. He's had the car over 2 months now so I dont really feel I'm responsible but I disappointed for him if he has to change and get an even higher rated clutch. I would have expected the ACT stage 2 to be more than sufficient considering the torque rating exceeds the max torque. Unless tracking it non stop has really pushed the clutch beyond its limit? He did try letting it cool down too but it still slips. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on this then let me know, if seems to slip in 4th mainly.
Anyway there are loads and loads of pics, it seems the photographer liked the car more than the others. It really reminds me how awesome these Mugen FN2s look when they're being driven. Plus on one of the go pro videos uploaded, another driver and car has recorded my FN2 (ok not mine [emoji3]) overtaking him and if really sounds awesome with the charger whining. I would love to be overtaken by my old FN2 because the whine is very loud and so distinct, along with the menacing look of the Mugen kit - yes I do miss her ok!

Just a few pics, there's many more

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]