The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By N77
Had to be done on the way back from JAE while the car was still clean, been meaning to do it for a while :lol:

My name is Carl by the way just in case :lol:
By N77
I couldn't wait long after I cleaned my rocker and paint started coming away :(

So a quick conversation to Spooner Restorations and my new cover is ready to go :)

Last edited by N77 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By N77
Ollie milanoctr wrote:Ordered an oem wrinkle red cover off him yesterday after seeing this !
Should be on commission [emoji38]

Still not fitted mine yet, damn dark nights now haha
By N77
So hopefully I should have time to do the swap over of the rocker cover I had from spooner.

I am also planning on removing the air box and giving it a proper clean while its out, and also fitting a few bits I have waiting to go on :D

Are they M6 bolts that are required for the earthing kit? as it has been a few years since I had one on my last ep3.
By N77
So been a bit quiet of late but I am sorting a few things out.

Friday I am off work to sort out the car for Japshow, which includes swapping over the new rocker and fitting a few other things while I am there, as well as cleaning some too haha.

These arrived from a new parts contact I have found, I swear the reason Honda charge so much is for the packaging.

All new bolts for the rocker arrived, all in individual packets and all printed with Honda logos, madness.

By N77
Well it was time to get cracking on fitting the few bits, however I only managed to change over the rocker cover and solid shifter bushes on the gearbox.

I first removed the air box as I wanted to clean this anyway and check the filter, so was removed.

Very dirty towards the bottom but obviously to be expected.

This exposed the top of the gearbox and the parts I needed to replace.

The shifter bushes were not too bad to fit, but it was knowing what part went where in all honesty, as no instructions are provided with them.

I did check here but it seems they have changed the design since this was done, so was a little lost until google came to my rescue and I found some more recent ones. I still think they are not fitted as they should with the lock rings being the wrong way, but it all works fine and does seem smoother changing gear since fitted.

I then proceeded to remove the rocker cover, it all came off fine and no issues. I did remove the reservoir to the left to help remove it and also refit the newly painted one, rather than risking scratching it already.

A picture to show the new and old, obviously it would of suffered a bit of dirt but I think the refurbed one is a brighter red to start with, but it still looks great.

Bit closer for effect :D

Of course while the rocker cover was off, the obligatory shots of the valves and cams, and also the cam chain workings :lol:

New cover fitted with a Buddy Club oil cap, cleaned up spark plug cover and new bolts to freshen it up. I also replaced the gasket as well and the caps under the bolts themselves to make sure of no leaks.

I do still have a flush fit spark plug cover I had still from my FN2 that I may fit shortly, as the black and red go well, but for now will stick to that.

Everything else all fitted back and changed the battery tie as well for a red one instead of the black one I had on before.

Never got chance to do anything else as I had to give it the once over before Japshow so still have a few things to do.

I have a stuborn gear knob that will not come off, untightened the bolt underneath but I think its been screwed down too far and the bugger will not shift :evil:

Would love to get everything out the engine bay and clean it all up, especially the engine mounts and crap that has been picked up, but don't have the time or means to do it really.

Then I went to Japshow at Santa Pod :D

Pic of mine with the big brother :lol:
By N77
Been a bit busy with a new job and other stuff but finally got round to doing a few changes before the big Mimms Honda meet on Sunday.

So decided to go for a change in the dash, especially when it came up for sale on here and is OEM ;) with the addition of the Skunk2 gear knob to match up with it.

So out with the old...

In with the new :)

Also got the rest of the shifter bushes to fit, so will be doing this as well, as to get the old gearknob off I had to take the whole shifter mechanism out, to get it in a vice, damn lock tight or something similar was used :mad:
By N77
So got the dash all fitted including solid shifter bushes. Found fitting them a lot easier to fit with all the dash out and centre console. Fitted the Skunk2 gear knob and cleaned it all up.

Then tackled the engine bay to change it up a bit.

Fitted a black flush mount spark plug cover, crinkle black iVtec cover, red earth kit and replaced some rusty and nasty looking bolts on the air box.

Also gave it a quick clean ready for Honda meet on Sunday, now back in the garage safe and sound, and keep it away from this freezing weather :)

Ran out of Autobrite Directs Just the Tonic though so have a couple of tar spots I need removing still, will have to hunt a stockist down...

Bottom 2 solid bushes in, just top 2 to go...

Dash all fitted back with the Skunk2 gearknob going well with the new dash IMO

Replacement screws in the airbox, also a couple of bolts on the left have been replaced as the old ones had gone rusty...

And overview of engine bay with earthing kit, spark plug and intake cover all fitted :)

And all cleaned just going back into the garage for the night...

By shaRRpy
Coming along a treat mate,that centre console looks well smart now apart from the heater controls ,not keen on them myself but each to their own n that. They were the first thing I removed when I bought my car. Good work though fella. :P
By N77
These were a bit shinier than the ones I had on my previous ep3.

Tried to get them a bit more brushed but still a bit shiny.

Added in 5 minutes 15 seconds:
Got the side vent covers on today to finish it off for now, need to find somewhere to do my handle covers now to match :)

By N77
w6ady wrote:Hello pal where did you get the heater vents from?
I bought them off a forum member with the centre console.
OliMilanoRed wrote:Possible daft question: How do you get those side vents off? Do you just need something to lever it off?
They just stick over the top so didn't need to remove anything :)

Good job as I think it's all part of the dash up-to the point of the moving part of the vent.
By N77
So been a bit quiet but it's too cold to mess with anything now [emoji38]

Got a couple of things to do once the weather is better but it's hibernation time now so away for winter but treated it to a service with my favourite oil now in (Fuchs titan race), new iridium spark plugs, refreshed gear box oil, new filter and a clean bill of health :)

Also got my Progress ARB fitted at the same time, I bought it used and was not given the bolts, which we found out are required as they are longer. Huge thanks to Dan at HondaHQ who managed to find some in his stash of Honda parts from an eg that fitted, so now all done and looking like it should be there in the black stone chip I painted it all in :)

All done for now but it will be back in April for the first show of the year :)

A couple of pics while in for service and ARB fitted.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]