The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Mattmanep3r wrote:Can you insure someone as second driver who is just passed and has convictions on a civic type r my dad already has a policy with yourselves please give me some good news!!
Hi,

We don't insure additional drivers unless they are over 25 years of age.

We can by all means offer a quotation in your own name, why are you wanting to be an additional driver? By all means drop me a PM with your details and we'll give you a call to offer a quotation in your own name,

Regards,
Dan.
By N77
So not much has happened today, I was hoping to get most of it done but thanks to the weather it has put a stop to that.

I managed to get one door sorted, sound deadening placed on the inside of the door as well as around the speaker, speaker adaptor and speaker installed and the cables ready to attach the crossover, then the door card can go back on.

You can just see the sound deadening through the holes in the above photo.

Splash shield plastic back in place and speaker fitted, ready to have the crossover added and fixed to the door card.

I did notice that some of the sticky sealant stuff has wore off at the bottom and all crap is coming through, so this will be sorted before the door card is re-fitted.

May get the chance to have a go at the other door tomorrow as long as the weather is on my side, have this week off but some of the week is already catered for so we shall see.
Last edited by N77 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By N77
Yes I will be doing the rear as well, probably not the boot at the moment as I don't have anything to put in yet, but will be doing inside the rear panels before the speakers are fitted.

I ordered what I thought were the correct lead adaptors but they have come and they are the wrong ones, so need to change them.

Managed to get the other side done now so both speakers are installed using spacers and I have put extra sound deadening around them too.

Going to reseal both doors as well while I am at it as it seems to be leaking towards the bottom.

Also now the centre console is out I am going to give it a good Hoover and clean to freshen it up, then everything can go back together once the power cable is through and it's all been cleaned.

By N77
Much better...

Before

After

Starting to put all the stuff back in now, I am so glad I don't have to use the car everyday or I would of been walking everywhere while it's been apart [emoji38]
By N77
Hoovered and cleaned the inside of the boot and around the rear suspension, so it's all spick and span now.

Last edited by N77 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By N77
So my rear speaker adaptors arrived today after being sent the wrong ones.

Sound deadening again in the rear panels before fitting the speakers.

The amount of dust behind the speaker grills was unbelievable Geoff, but now all clean and the Pioneers installed [emoji1]

Just sorting out the front doors and power supply for my camera.
Last edited by N77 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By N77
Door cards are now back on.

I had to trim some of the plastic around the speaker so it fitted properly, but was easily sorted.

Also added some foam type tape around the area the crossovers sit in the door card to stop them rattling around and all sorted and fitted.

The tweeters are now fitted all in place and fit perfectly on the oem tweeter mounts and point them in the right direction perfectly [emoji1]

Last edited by N77 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By N77
The light has got the better of me now in between me having dinner.

Managed to get the head unit in sort of, but the amount of wires this head unit has its like spaghetti junction at the back and it's pushing it out a bit.

Also how I had to fit the headunit into the original mounting points it's put it on the sqiff, so when it's in it looks crooked now, so I will have to sort that or it will bug me.

Also appears that the centre console has been painted and it's bubbling at the top, rubbed a bit and it's come off.

So this will need to be addressed.

Did anyone manage to get a colour code for the silver on the dash?

Spaghetti junction in my dash!

Underneath the dash, my extra cigarette lighter socket for my carcam and you can just see the cable connecting Rick's footwell led's, although it's not working yet, think it might be the connectors not going through the cable fully. I might just solder it to the cables like I have previous.

I piggybacked off the cigarette lighter fuse for the live using the connector you can get these days.

It allows you to put this in place of the fuse, then the original fuse plugs into this, perfect connection and put back easily too.

Hopefully it will all be done tomorrow but as its not been driven or started at all this week the battery has gone flat.
Last edited by N77 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By N77
So finished off today, all interior back in and covers.

Managed to straighten out the stereo a bit and get all the wires in for it to slot in the dash better.

Bit of trimming on the back of the cage in the dash and it fits a lot better.

Looking more JDM lol

Pioneer all in and now straight lol
and fitted with some alloy heater knobs.

Just need to straighten the gear knob now.

Next jobs are on the exterior, wheels are going to be refurbished, new front bumper and bonnet resprayed.

Also I still need to fit my JDM deflectors and clean up the engine bay.
Last edited by N77 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By N77
EJ Eire wrote:Top quality work. Looking very tidy. That pedal set makes a massive difference. Really sets off the interior.
It does indeed, how it should of been to start with really and Honda already had the parts lol.

So the next stage is in effect and something is missing again lol

I have had to borrow the use of the folks drive again as without wheels I cannot get it back in my garage :(

Also I was planning on doing them anyway but sooner than I was now after seeing this :(

Droplink on the drivers side has completely failed and not on the rubber part.

Some new ones now on order for the front and back, might as well do them all in one go.
Last edited by N77 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By N77
FunkyRemix wrote:Have you ordered standard Honda or upgraded like most?
I have gone for the Meyle ones as they look more up to the job tbh.

I was hoping to get some coilovers and do it at the same time but will need them doing sooner rather than later.
By N77
So back after the weekend away and my drop links have arrived...

They certainly look up to the job as apposed to the OEM ones thats for sure.

Unfortunately things have not gone smoothly getting the old ones off, and subsequently my car is still on axle stands :(

Hopefully end of the week it will be done with a replacement lower control arm and the drop links all fitted.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]