The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By N77
All transferred and fitted, super fast from the DVLA for the certificate as I am only bought it on Tuesday.

Last edited by N77 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By N77
mtailor wrote:Hey buddy, great to have met you today at Japfest. Hope you get everything sorted. [emoji2][emoji85]
Cheers mate, good to finally meet you especially all this time on the forum...

Well Japfest was not the greatest show for me, all went pretty good to start with

Stopped at the Premierinn in Northampton town centre and managed to get an excellent parking space :)

Also arranged to pick up these at the show too

Then in the queue for my track session and this was the start of where it started to go wrong :(

Got a pic of me on track before it all went Pete Tong...

On about the 4th lap of the very small circuit they had set out, I had a loss of power, which I thought was a bit odd, then started to hear a slight noise, so slowed down and came off as soon as I could, by the time I got off the noise was loud as hell, the worst noise you want to hear, bottom end knock :(

So that was the end, got the car back to my stand and then got towed out, to then call the AA.

Car is currently sat in my garage, dads friend has been to have a look and possibly a failed oil pump, or maybe not having a baffled sump but I have been around Silverstone in both previous ep3's and never had an issue with that, oil level was all okay as I checked.

So that's where I'm at at the mo :(

Sent from my HTC One mum using Tapatalk
By D4Z3D
Hey buddy, i saw your car at Japfest and all i can say it it is an absolute minter! I was watching in the grand stand when i heard that horrible noise you were talking about. There was no smoke at all so i though you had thrown a driveshaft or destroyed a gearbox. Absolutely gutted to hear it is your engine!

Thing is, your car is so immaculate, you totally have to do an engine rebuild. You could go the cheap route and buy a DC5 bottom end from integra stella on ebay, or spend some cash and get something really nice. Cough, 2.4 bottom end.

Seriously though it's probably the best example of a 30AE left so you really need to fix it.

Hope to see you at future track events!
By N77
After test driving the Focus ST I ummed and arrrrdd a bit, the drive was good but not anything to say yeah give it me now... thing is very quiet and doesn't feel fast, although the speedo says differently, but it was lacking something, I found the position of the gear stick a bit off putting as well. Would like to test drive the RS though, although the gear stick will be the same location I'm guessing, but it might sound better and feel quicker.

The car sold yesterday anyway so at least it's off my mind lol

So on with the thinking of what to do next...

By N77
So after getting the car back this week, the first moment I had was to give it a clean and to fit the new wheels

Needs a little drop now, which will be sorted in due course as all the advisories that have appeared on this one are suspension related, so this was on my list to do but will be addressed asap....
By N77
I've got them on the Mini and they are really good on normal driving, this is the reason I got them for this to be honest. Not tried them yet on a track though, probably going to be next year before I do though

By N77
So I have been getting a musty smell when using the heater and air con etc... so decided to check the cabin filters, and think I have found my culprit.

As you can see, they look a bit worse for wear, when I got it serviced last year I never thought about the inside ones, but they look to of been in for a while and it was all Honda history before, so I think even they forgot.

Much better now

By N77
Decided I needed a bit of noise, so I have also ordered something else to be fitted.

All booked in next week to have suspension fitted and set up, and the noise adder fitted too :)

By N77
So, have had a busy week with the car, I thought I would make up for lost time when it was off road for so long this year lol

First change was the stereo equipment, I decided to lose the amp, front speakers and also change the head unit.

I decided to get the Pioneer DA-120 appradio as I mainly stream music now and my current head unit doesnt support AD2P so changed it.

Next were the speakers as the fronts are for use with an amp, so went for these from Pioneer

I just ignored the custom fit makes and went for the size of them, fitted straight in with the Astra speaker adaptors from Autoleads.

I then was keeping my fingers crossed with the tweeters, I got lucky with the previous ones, as they went into the tweeter pods perfectly.

So ordered some more from Hendy and to my surprise, they fit in percectly yet again.

Pop out the holder as so...

And the tweeter slots in perfectly, snug fit but have used thr supplied tape to secure

Then I have also had a little outing with these in my boot :)

After deciding where to go, I went to Grinspeed with my other car and Stevie is very professional but is also a good couple of hours from me, so looked a little closer to home.

A deal was struck and only being 45/50 mins away, I went to Area Motorsport to have them all fitted and set up...

Had the MeisterR fitted with camber arms with new adjustable steering arms and superpro bushes in the arms, together with an oil and filter change following my rebuild.

Also temptation got the better of me and I wanted a little more noise, I was originally going to get the M2 midpipe and use the standard box, but decided to get thr box as well, I can easily swap it over if I ever want too as well.

Have to say though its pretty quiet with the bung in at the moment, but plan on taking it out shortly.

No more pics as the car is filthy but more to come :)

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]