The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By N77
shaRRpy wrote:Nice mate, I'm thinking of the m2 cat back . Did you go for the dolphin tip or straight and did you go for silenced b pipe.Also do you think it will be track friendly.
I went for the slash cut and silenced pipe. With the bung in still it's pretty quiet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
By N77
So due to having Evo wheels and slightly bigger tyre it was catching the rear arches, only slighly but still catching. I could of done a little more camber but decided to have the arches rolled rather than messing and once its done, its done.

So another visit to Area and they are all sorted

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b49/c ... ifz9y.jpeg

So after the last few days of rain and the country roads leading to Area, the car needed a clean up. It would of been rude not to take some pics of it afterwards...

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk
Last edited by N77 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By N77
So, I have been at Area Motorsport for the last couple of days.

First job was to fit the brakes and the second was to preserve the car underneath, as it's pretty clean underneath, so I wanted to keep it that way.

Brakes went OK initially or so we thought. Rob had a check over and found that the discs were not centering, they tried all ways to get them to with the fittings included in the kit but couldn't.

In the end Rob has machined some of the bracket on the hub assembly so they could be fitted correctly.

Ready for work to commence

Test fitted and all seemed ok at first

All fitted behind the wheel, excuse the glow from the heater...

Brackets are a work of art and a shame they are not seen.

Will try and get some better pics of the brakes once it's had a good clean, as it's filthy and the wheels are now covered in brake dust lol

Then the treatment to protect it, inside the arches and underneath...

By two.colours
Car looks good! How do you find the Meister Rs? Thinking of getting a set myself, did you just need shortened steering arms and camber arms to fit them? I'm not looking to lower mine by too much, I take it you needed your arches rolling due to the wider wheels?
By N77
two.colours wrote:Car looks good! How do you find the Meister Rs? Thinking of getting a set myself, did you just need shortened steering arms and camber arms to fit them? I'm not looking to lower mine by too much, I take it you needed your arches rolling due to the wider wheels?
Thanks, yeah the Meisters work well. I have them on another car that s my daily and they are good for use everyday, then you can turn them up if needs be.

I had the steering arms as mine were knackered but you don't need them if your not going too low, you do need the camber arms though

Nine caught slightly on the rear arches, could of got away with a bit more camber maybe but decided to do them anyway

By N77
Been a bit quiet as I've been busy with work, been to a couple of shows (Honda Mimms & Japfest) recently but purchased an OEM DC5 LSD from a low mileage car, so collected at Mimms and also a DC5 exhaust manifold and cat.ImageImageImage

Added in 5 minutes 16 seconds:
Got the LSD all fitted at HondaHQ as its 5 mins frim my work and wanted it fitted asap, as I am due to go on tour around Europe at the end of the month.

So was fittrd with new bearings and also went for a new clutch as well, the one in seemed okay, as its on 60k though it was worth doing while box being out.

Also my RPB discs for the rear have arrived this week, going to get some new pads but will be cleaning uo the calipers at the back first, but it eill have to be after the trip now.

The same goes for the other bits i have, i thought why get all that painted fresh, then go on a 3000 mile trip, so will wait till later in the year as well.ImageImageImageImageImage

By N77
Got the LSD all fitted at HondaHQ as its 5 mins frim my work and wanted it fitted asap, as I am due to go on tour around Europe at the end of the month.

So was fittrd with new bearings and also went for a new clutch as well, the one in seemed okay, as its on 60k though it was worth doing while box being out.

Also my RPB discs for the rear have arrived this week, going to get some new pads but will be cleaning uo the calipers at the back first, but it eill have to be after the trip now.

The same goes for the other bits i have, i thought why get all that painted fresh, then go on a 3000 mile trip, so will wait till later in the year as well.ImageImageImageImageImage

By N77
So it's been a busy little year with my ep3, not doing anything to it but enjoying it....

End of May to beginning of June, we set off on the Euro tunnel, 10 days later we had covered over 2000 miles visiting France, Germany, Belguim, Italy and Switzerland with a few mountain passes and some amazing views it was an awesome trip.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

By N77
So back off the trip I resisted my urge to go around the Nurburgring after my disaster on track last time at Silverstone.

So on my return to the UK a few mates from work were heading over to the Nurburgring at the end of June, so I found some accommodation cheap, booked the same ferry they were on and had some left over euros to take with me.

I knew I wanted to go on the ring but didn't want to take the risk, so a Clockwise motion baffled sump was purchased and HondaHQ managed to fit me in to get the thing fitted.

The thing looks amazing and its a shame you can't see the beauty of the thing. ImageImageImageImage

Added in 29 minutes 24 seconds:
So on the 23rd June it was back down south, this time to catch the ferry over to Dunkirk, then straight though to Germany and in region of the ring, first stop to Adenau and then on to where I was staying in Baar.

We spent 5 days there, the VLR racing was on for the first few days so spent some time watching that, and then the tourist part opened and I got to have a go :)

Check out my website http://www.totheredline.co.uk for more photos.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

By N77
So on the 23rd June it was back down south, this time to catch the ferry over to Dunkirk, then straight though to Germany and in region of the ring, first stop to Adenau and then on to where I was staying in Baar.

We spent 5 days there, the VLR racing was on for the first few days so spent some time watching that, and then the tourist part opened and I got to have a go :)

Check out my website http://www.totheredline.co.uk for more photos.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Added in 45 minutes 30 seconds:
So back to the UK and the weekend after, I attended Japfest and The Fast Car Festival weekend. Japfest I attended with Honda Owners UK and the other show, just went on my todd ImageImageImageImage

By N77
I then decided to get another wheel but keeping OEM so I got a spare wheel and had it retrimmed by Royal Steering Wheels.

I had alcantara on the sides with leather on the top and the bottom with a red centre mark and it made slightly thicker.

Really pleased with it :)

ImageImage

Last edited by N77 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By N77
Then I attended JAE for the last show of the seasonImageImageImageImage

Last edited by N77 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By N77
My car has been off the road since JAE, got the MOT renewed and have put it in hibernation until next year.

I did purchase a couple of things ready for next year though :)

Tegiwa vented bonnet
A 2nd set of Evo wheels for some track days
MJC Automotive black intake hose

I did also have a Skunk2 Ultra manifold to fit but decided it wasn't for me, so have sold it and now looking for an OEM RBC or maybe an RRC.
ImageImageImageImage

Added in 39 minutes 33 seconds:
Also got this done from someone off one of Facebook groups.

A bit of graffiti art of my carImage

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]