The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Mr_gangrel
Well these came today, they look grippy!

I'll see how sticky they are and report back. Hopefully they're better than the Cup 2s'.
By Mr_gangrel
Thats good to hear. I've heard 888s go off quick, I'm hoping these don't and I can get some consistent lapping in them.
By Mr_gangrel
The Cups took 2 warm up laps of the 'ring before the flying lap on a heavier car. I hope the Direzzas aren't any worse or i'll spend the first session building temp with a 1100kg car.
By Mr_gangrel
Another update, went to Area Motorsport and Brosport yesterday to get my Clockwise baffled sump, Safety devices rear cage, ishift lights and Personal steering wheel fitted.

As usual great service and a bit of banter.

Pretty much ready to go now. Brands shakedown on the 22nd and a RBC inlet manifold at Eurospec a couple of days later.

Then she's ready for the assault on local tracks and the Nordschleife 'EP3 record' even if i'm not! :LOL:

By Mr_gangrel
Its 330mm so 25mm smaller than standard. I really like it, it might be all in my head but it feels like it gives me better feedback.
By Mr_gangrel
Its a Safety Devices rear cage and cost £425 plus fitting from Area Motorsport. Didn't actually get any more shots of it.

It looks like this from the rear. (This one is a full cage but my rear is the same rear with cross diagonal and harness bars.)

http://www.safetydevices.com/motorsport ... /202/1061/
By Kev_G
Word of warning they may not like the winged seat at the ring as technically they are banned so may not let you out on track. Depends on the mood they are in if they I force it
By Lewisgame
Kev_G wrote:Word of warning they may not like the winged seat at the ring as technically they are banned so may not let you out on track. Depends on the mood they are in if they I force it
I'm not sure how true this is. I saw plenty of cars with these style seats, along with cages not padded out and basically road legal race cars going onto the 'ring.
By Mr_gangrel
It is in the 'new' rules that winged seats aren't allowed. I'm going to buy another Sparco Evo to replace the Sparco Circuit VTR so they might not look at my TRS rotational harnesses and quick release steering wheel that are also verboten. :Nyu:
By Kev_G
Lewisgame wrote:
Kev_G wrote:Word of warning they may not like the winged seat at the ring as technically they are banned so may not let you out on track. Depends on the mood they are in if they I force it
I'm not sure how true this is. I saw plenty of cars with these style seats, along with cages not padded out and basically road legal race cars going onto the 'ring.
Hence I said depends on there mood. Mate of mine did 2 laps with winged seats and after market steering wheel to then go for a 3rd and his card was blocked and he was banned - well car was. Another chap passed his house that day collected his standard seats and brought them to Germany then was let out. I then spotted a caged clip with winged seats go out but I'd rather mention it than get to Germany and not be let out at all
By Mr_gangrel
Well I had the shakedown at Brands Indy today. For all but 6 laps out of 50 it was wet/damp and out of that I literally only got one clear lap in that was dry and tyres up to temperature.

Managed to piece together a 56.79 seconds although I didn't change the setup from Area at all and my 219bhp was somewhat strangled when I got pulled on the drive by noise test and had to buy a exhaust baffle.

They were pretty stringent today, I had a static of 94dbms but was over on the drive by. I still don't quite understand it, I wasn't the only one though.

The car is kind of Cup spec without the wider Rotas and therefore track/grip and I'm 11bhp (before the baffle) down. Fastest lap at Brands Indy in a Cup car is a 55.80, with a fettle to the suspension and some more dry laps I think a low 56 isn't outside the realm of possibilities.

Not a bad day, might of had a little spin down paddock hill bend on cold rear tyres. It was my own fault I overcorrected twice and paid the price. I kept it out of the barrier like a pro though! (If I say so myself!) :Cool:

Obviously my fastest lap wasn't caught on the go pro (13 seconds were, then it died!) but I'll get the final session up and my spin for a laugh.
By Mr_gangrel
Yes Indy mate. Its Harry's lap timer, obviously though the time is off of the video footage. :Kikik:
By Mr_gangrel
Here are the Only dry laps of the day. The last 13 seconds is the beginning of the 'fast' one but battery died. First couple are warm ups.

This is the spin down Paddock Hill. Stupid mistake, thought the rear was coming out further, two massive over corrections. Cold rears and suddenly lost all talent caused this one.

First time i've taken her out. You live and learn. :Sure:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]