The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Ah ok. May have to replace our rears soon but may go for medium or even soft on the rear.

The car is currently running -2.3 front, -1.8 rear, 0 toe all round. Only driven it on the road and it feels planted, but will see on track.

Would be great to go under 8 but I think 90% boils down to car confidence. I've been away from cars for 2 years, it's crazy how your mind just says " nope going into that bend at this speed is not right".

Did a sub 9 in a stock EK9 before then.

Ah ok, it look very similar to your pictures.
Sub 9 in a stock EK9 is strong mate. As you know the 'ring just absorbs the speed at some place and massively magnifies it in others its a hard place to get a decent rhythm. I didn't go as fast as I could of due to lack of lapping in the car and throttling back when it wasn't necessary. If I got those other 4 laps clear it would of been a different story, confidence in the car is essential.

How many laps are you looking to do?
Yeah the EK9 had a busted head gasket during my laps and it wouldn't do more than 120mph, but in corners it was flat out, had complete confidence in the car.

With the ring it's risk, I think it's best to drive at 90 or 95%.

I know that feeling, going through bends thinking I should have held it flat. In the 9 that year I did around 10. I'm looking to do the same in the EP3, but I maybe doing SPA also on the same trip.

With my EP3 it will allow me to use more of the rev range I think, rather than trying to squeeze the last 2000rpm all the time. Right gear right section makes a big difference imo.
I'm being a bit naughty and using my thread to highlight the following I've put on the wanted thread.

I need another CTR in my life.

Since selling my track CTR I've missed my Type R a lot. The next will be my forth.

I have £5000 waiting (more for an exceptional car)

I'm after a car with some or all if possible of the following-

Hondata
CAI or similar
Inlet manifold
Cat back exhaust

Coilovers
Castor increase bushes
Polybushed
Engine/gearbox mount
Rear camber arms
Rear ARB

Qualife LSD or similar
New clutch/flywheel

BBK or decent pads, discs and braided lines

Cam chain/tensioners etc if mileage is high

I appreciate thats a fair few mods but I'm willing to pay for a complete car.
I would want a N/A car still and ideally would like a club spec'd CTR. Although I loved the Nurburgring track weapon it was that bit too hardcore for the road, so somewhere in between would be ideal.

Thanks.
Haha I'd let my car go for double it's worth (£10k) but I love the thing too much!
Personally haven't used Bilstein. Fitted a few coilover kits to VAG vehicles. Very good quality but they're limited on height adjustment as it's done on spring preload, which then is a limitation on spring choice. Also 9/10 times they use standard top mounts so you then have to source adjustable top mounts if you want to dial in camber/caster angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]