The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By w6ady
Thanks guys for the comments. The centre console wasn't expensive at all for all the parts that were dipped it cost me £100 that includes removing them and refitting them so a proper bargain and the finish is pretty good for that kind of money. I will be updating the thread soon as my solid fabrications exhaust has been fitted now just waiting for a few tweaks to be done then will post pictures and a little review of the exhaust. Thanks again for the kind comment.
By Guy27687
I have just noticed I have a picture of my car parked in the same place as yours at area ! Just mine don't have mark skulking round the back of it [emoji23]

Added in 57 seconds:
By cookie16v
hi mate where abouts did you get your steering wheel and quick release from as I am after one myself
By w6ady
Ok so a few updates have taken place since I last posted up. I got my 3" solid fabrications catback fitted.
Had a bit of a problem at first it wouldn't fit properly with the poly mounts I bought for it. So ended up buying some new Honda exhaust rubbers and after a bit of Fettling by my friend it now fits fine. The sound is a lot quieter than my previous catback on first start up and I can now hear my teg m induction again whilst driving which is great. Should be ok for track too. Whilst my friend was tinkering with the exhaust he fitted a new in tank fuel filter for me as I have never changed it. So at least now I know it's been changed for a nice fresh one. Another thing I have had fitted is a new Honda shifter unit as mine had a lot of play when in gear. This has made a nice difference and made it easier to find the gears now. I also fitted some leather gaiters at the same time which I think look really nice.
I think the interior looks the part now unless I fancy some proper bucket seats in the future we'll see
After having the team dynamics wheels and a048 tyres on for a few weeks I went back to my oem's for road use. I found the feel was missing with the steering and during aggressive cornering. So I put it down to the sidewalls on the Goodyear f1 tyres as they are so soft. So I decided I was going change tyres and that day I noticed Rollerdan on here was selling a new set of Ad08r's in stock civic size of 205 45 17. After a few pm's they were mine and got them fitted the day they arrived after a few miles on them what can I say huge difference. So much stiffer when cornering much happier.
Finally just a few pics after giving the car a clean today
Hopefully early next year I will be going to tdi north for a set of their stage 2 drop in camshafts, injectors and a remap. Then I think the car is done. Unless as I said I fancy some proper bucket seats a pair of brides would be nice! :lol: but may have to rethink that idea as they are a bit on the pricey side and I'm not sure my girlfriend would be impressed with me spending that on 2 seats!
By Ollie milanoctr
Lovely car this, your plans sound great and the interior looks spot on! I think a set of mugen pedals would finish it off nicely :D you had any trouble with clearance since the 3" system has been fitted? She's looking rather low in those pics !
By w6ady
Funny you mention about mugen pedals as I may have a set of Fugen pedals for Xmas need to wait see what Santa brings :-D the exhaust does catch a bit more than my old exhaust but it still sits as high as possible so it's to be expected I suppose.
By jack1991
Cars looking decent mate! Love the wheels in that colour goes perfect with the nice yellow callis too!

That jdm dashmat is cool too i always wondered why it had a random small shelf there thats like slippy abd pointless but the mat makes it sound. I dont suppose you go a part number for it and how much you pay for it too? I cant find em anywhere only ebay for £40 which is a rinse!
By w6ady
The part number is in the picture of the dash mat on page 1 mate on the plastic wrapper from Honda. Thanks for the kind words. My oem wheels will be replaced soon as I don't really want to use spacers anymore. I have ordered another set of pro race 1.2 wheels from demon tweeks as they have a decent offer on at the moment and I think they look nice. These will be used on the road with my ad08r tyres. Decided on 17x7.5 this time et40 on rear et35 front. Also car is booked in at tdi north for a set of their stage 2 cams, Rdx injectors and remap. Hopefully coupled with the 3" solid fab catback should hopefully yield some good gains.
By w6ady
So I haven't updated this for a while. Went to tdi had a set of their stage 2 cams, Rdx injectors and a remap. Car made 263.9hp 180.9lbft torque. Really goes well now. Here is the graph overlaid on my previous map
Also had my new team dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels fitted for road use with the Yokohama ad08r tyres. So I now have 2 sets 1 for track and 1 for road. These were 17x7.5 et35 on front et40 on rear.
Only other mod I have had done is fitted a set of Fugen pedals I got for Xmas. Finish off the interior nicely in my opinion.
Here's a few more pictures when I gave it a clean last weekend
After I had the car mapped I did have a few issues firstly the 3rd gear carbon synchro sh-t itself meaning I couldn't go into 3rd without it crunching really bad so a trip to rob @ area and he sorted it for me. I'm not impressed that it's only lasted 2000 miles and road miles at that no track work yet but nothing I can do about it. Also I am having my engine light coming on which when the code is read comes up "primary o2 sensor voltage low" so have changed the sensor for a new Honda item but still having the fault so car is booked in at tdi north on the 31st for investigation.
I Have a few more plans for the car now starting with tidying up the underside. Will be going to area Motorsport for the rear trailing arms, wishbones, subframe etc powdercoated and fully super pro bush kit fitted. Also hubs etc painted and tidied up and re undersealed in the future should be really mint then. Also I really fancy some of the Titan itb's that tdi north sell should really finish off my engine spec then. Ultimate n/a spec without having the engine built. Comments welcome as usual
By D4Z3D
My car has a very similar issue at the moment, " primary o2 sensor voltage high". I have a new on on order, but that does not fill me with confidence if you have replaced yours and still have the same problem!
By w6ady
Yeah it's a strange one as I had no issue till it was mapped came on shortly after. Changed for a genuine Honda o2 sensor still getting the issue. So back to tdi north for diagnosis. I'm sure mine was low voltage but suppose could of been high I can't remember. Will let you know what tdi find if you want.
By D4Z3D
w6ady wrote:Yeah it's a strange one as I had no issue till it was mapped came on shortly after. Changed for a genuine Honda o2 sensor still getting the issue. So back to tdi north for diagnosis. I'm sure mine was low voltage but suppose could of been high I can't remember. Will let you know what tdi find if you want.
Thanks man much appreciated, i also just got mine mapped in Decemeber. Would be good to know what was the problem with yours.
By chucklberry
Car looks amazing it's a credit to you. Just one thing with the air filter did you find you had any problems with it rubbing on the bonnet?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk
By w6ady
It's close to the bonnet when it's shut so I put some sticky back Velcro on the bonnet where it could touch the filter box not noticed any marks or anything.
By cookie16v
Loving your car buddy everything on it is perfect. I am after asset of pro race 1.2's myself where did you order them from?. Also did Rob advise you to go for the et you went for as I have no idea what et to get.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]