The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Simple Simon
That is one heck of a spec list there! :o You buy the car standard and done all the mods in your ownership? Either way looks awesome mate! 8-) I presume this is purely a track toy?

Im thinking about getting my centre console carbon dipped as I hate the silver and my fascia isn't a colour match anyway. lol Don't suppose you have any photos of the switches, grab handles and door releases that you've had dipped? Considering getting everything that's silver dipped, just wanted to see what it looks like first to be honest.

You decided on any wheels yet?

Cheers! :D
By w6ady
The brake kit is awesome. With the xp8 pads it really does stop on its nose! If you brake hard from speed it makes the abs have a fit as its biting that hard. :lol: I did buy the car totally standard and have had everything done properly by area Motorsport and tdi North. At the moment I have never done a track day but really want to and I think the car will love it! I have decided on team dynamics pro race 1.2 in gloss black but I need to check the offsets for brake clearance before I commit. As for the carbon dipped parts I will get some pics once I get back from Poland this weekend. Thanks for the comments fellas.
Last edited by w6ady on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By w6ady
HAMZAEP3 wrote:Hello mate
how do you take off the interior casing to replace with better bulbs?
The middle light you just have to pry the plastic cover from the light unit using something like a small screwdriver. The two front ones unclip. If I remember rightly you press them in and unclip the other side. Have a look on YouTube buddy that's where I found the info.
By w6ady
simon_typer wrote:Nice progress buddy.

Love the footwell lights, link to those and your less you have in the headliner lights?

Si
Thanks Si. The footwell lights are from a seller called rickhondar. Have a look in the interior section on here and there is a thread about them. The other light bulbs were from eBay. Got a full set of 4. One for the boot light, 1 for the Middle light and 2 for the map reading lights. Think they were about £9 delivered pal. I have tried to link it in here but not sure I have done it right. The seller was called vinylwrapdirect. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1660783899
Last edited by w6ady on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By w6ady
I will get some more pictures of the bits I had carbon dipped at the weekend when hopefully I should be checking the pro race wheels for brake clearance using a diagram that I have been supplied by rim stock. Must say they have been very helpful on the phone and via email answering all my silly questions! :lol: thanks for the comments again guys
By simon_typer
w6ady wrote:
simon_typer wrote:Nice progress buddy.

Love the footwell lights, link to those and your less you have in the headliner lights?

Si
Thanks Si. The footwell lights are from a seller called rickhondar. Have a look in the interior section on here and there is a thread about them. The other light bulbs were from eBay. Got a full set of 4. One for the boot light, 1 for the Middle light and 2 for the map reading lights. Think they were about £9 delivered pal. I have tried to link it in here but not sure I have done it right. The seller was called vinylwrapdirect. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1660783899
Cheers Andy link works great.

Where the footwell lights off a guy here called rickhondar then.

Cheers
By w6ady
That's right mate the kit has full instructions with pictures etc and I still made a mess of installing them :lol: luckily Rick gives you his number so you can give him a quick ring if something goes pear shaped!
By w6ady
Well I gave the car a spruce up today so took some pics and thought I would share them. So here they are ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Also I took a pic of the carbon dipped handles etc as someone asked for previouslyImage
Unfortunately I have no mods updates as I'm still waiting for my new wheels which I have ordered. Suppose to arrive at demon tweeks on the 17th July but got delayed so will now be arriving on the 18th August. I have however bought a personal steering wheel, nrg gen 3 quick release and nrg hub. These will be fitted at the same time as the wheels and tyres. Pic belowImage
By w6ady
Well after 10 weeks of waiting I finally received my wheels from demon tweeks. Team dynamics pro race 1.2 in gloss black. Specs of the wheels are 17x7 et38 on the rear and et35 on the front. When they finally came I booked the car in at area motorsport to have my track tyres put on them, geo set up, fit my new steering wheel and quick release, fit one of the I shift lights that the guys use in civic cup and check my gear shifter as there is quite a bit of play in it now. All went well I have had to order a whole shifter unit from Honda as mine is very worn which is where all the play is coming from. Any way here's some pictures I took.
At area Motorsport just after the alignment
Then some random shots I took this weekend at home
The steering wheel is a personal neo grinta 330mm in black leather with red stitching feels awesome driving with it. The shift light is a good bit of kit too as you don't need to keep looking at your revs all the time just wait for the flash and change. Must admit I found it quite difficult to set up but it's probably me being stupid! I have also bought a solid fabrications 3" super silent cat back with a titanium tip which will be fitted when I get my car serviced in November along with the new shifter unit I have bought. Must say the quality of the exhaust is fantastic welds look superb hopefully it will be a bit quieter than my current set up! :lol:
Here's a couple of pictures.
Last edited by w6ady on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]