The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Leejay-B
Apart from the fitment issues the Tegiwa kit sounds great - quiet when driving normally, loud with heavy throttle, great vtec switch and howl to 8k rpm.
Rattles stopped after tweaking, slight rubbing I think I can remedy with some adhesive foam to the back / side - should push it over slightly and stop it rubbing scuttle.

Should get good results when mapped tomo with exhaust manifold.
By *nub*
so you've sorted the rattles now? difficult to see but it looks like it could be a tad high. Ask TDi north what they think about it. Also using an SFS or tegiwa hose in place of the OEM would give you more flexibility to move things about so that could help too
By Leejay-B
Manifold fitted including rear engine mount inserts, apparently my front mount looks quite fresh, and rear an easier job. Glad I didnt go full set, vibrations at idle are acceptable, but any worse would be annoying.

Took circa 1 hr 20 mins...

Then NO mapping :-(

Issue with supply of K100, desperate to have it tuned but hoping it will be sorted by this week as not my fault.

Light throttle and low revs for now... tick tock
By Leejay-B
*nub* wrote:so you've sorted the rattles now? difficult to see but it looks like it could be a tad high. Ask TDi north what they think about it. Also using an SFS or tegiwa hose in place of the OEM would give you more flexibility to move things about so that could help too
Yeah my 2 areas rattling sorted after many adjustments.

Slight resonance at 4-6k could be normal... but hoping some extra foam that Im am going to use will sort / reduce it - just have temporary sticky foam pads on kit at moment. Im going to get a large piece shaped to the side and rear of box, and create a thick foam lip above intake vent to cover where scuttle tidy used to be.

I will take photos of this job, but mapping a priority first.
By *nub*
Haha so you ended up fitting the rear only like me. I think it was ABP that sold me my inserts and advised me to fit rear only and seems tdi North agreed. fronts might be sub frame dropping which would cost more money unnecessarily I guess.
Not sure if I said this already but check it's not your ash tray resonating, mine does when it closed and I literally spent half a year in the engine bay trying to figure out what it was lol. Couldn't believe it was the ashtray.
Is that a faulty k100 then? Or they had none in stock? Hope you didn't travel too far, although it's an excuse to buy the £100 PRC for sale in sales section if you have time lol.
By Leejay-B
Cheers will check ashtray.

Yeah no k100 in stock, supply issues apparently, but I did book it a while ago...

Anyway looking like next week to guarantee k100 delivery.

Spoke to Romain at eurospec too, he said hondata airbox is good and gets nice cold air, a very good option! But tegiwa less restrictive and still gets cold air so he normally sees 5-10 bhp over standard air box.
He also said intake manifold is good idea BUT as I have sports cat then it won't make much if any difference. This is because the sports cat means that extra air from better intake manifold can't be chucked out the exhaust side due to the restriction.

Interesting speaking to an experienced k20 mapper.
By *nub*
burridge1984 wrote:Cheers will check ashtray.

Yeah no k100 in stock, supply issues apparently, but I did book it a while ago...

Anyway looking like next week to guarantee k100 delivery.

Spoke to Romain at eurospec too, he said hondata airbox is good and gets nice cold air, a very good option! But tegiwa less restrictive and still gets cold air so he normally sees 5-10 bhp over standard air box.
He also said intake manifold is good idea BUT as I have sports cat then it won't make much if any difference. This is because the sports cat means that extra air from better intake manifold can't be chucked out the exhaust side due to the restriction.

Interesting speaking to an experienced k20 mapper.
I'm not too sure about that, I think an inlet manifold might pull back a few BHP that would be sacrificed with the sports cat. For £100 PRC that's a straight swap unlike the RBC i'd risk it, but up to you ;)

Did they not apologise at TDI north? surely they should have informed you before hand? not worth going there twice is it lol
By Leejay-B
Wasn't TDI north. Im in surrey down south.

I agree intake mani must get some, but assume he was telling me so I don't get one thinking it will net what others get with a decat.
By Leejay-B
CORRECTION - spoke to Romain and when he said RBC intake manifold wouldnt help my power he thought I had standard exhaust manifold and had just changed to a sports cat. This is because standard short exhaust manifold is poor.

When he realised I had proper aftermarket long length manifold with sports cat he said RBC intake mani would infact help.
By Leejay-B
Result - - -

Vtec at 4000 rpm, very smooth transition now which masks the kick.

8600 rpm limit.

225 bhp and 170 lb/ft.

Im very pleased - this is with Tegiwa intake, Tegiwa cat back exhaust, Solid Fab manifold (inc. sports cat) and mapped K100 to 95RON.

The reason I think its good is the fact I have a sports cat, its mapped to 95 RON fuel, and is on a dyno dynamics, aka the heartbreaker. I believe these run 'low' or realistic, however you like to interpret it.

Romain L (mapper) reckoned that an RBC intake mani would see me at 230+ bhp, but all 7500 rpm plus, so will think about this. Alot of money for a gain so high in the rev range.
By Leejay-B
Romain at eurospec did mapping.

K100 and remap is £720.

Other places should be similar ballpark. I would advise getting someone very experienced to map though, whether romain down south, or TDI north. There may be others?

Drives smoother, VTEC change very progressive and power builds throughout. Much more urgent at all revs, especially mid and top end but not had many tries of that yet.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]