The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By Leejay-B
You lot are making me think of JDM arb now!

Will it work with honda geo or will that need adjusting?

I believe it will corner flatter, also even if it does induce over steer at the limit I can still keep off the final limit of handling!
By D4Z3D
Heading in the right direction with the mods but i am going to side with others here and say get the jdm arb and FRSU. That was the very first mod i did to my car 4 years ago and i still think its brilliant to drive years later.

The cars tendancy to oversteer is more related to driving technique than the arb+ FRSU. Yes this set up will improve the cars adjustability and control in transitioning to oversteer, but you still need to be deliberately trying to make it do so by lifting off mid corner. This would happen to a stock EP3 also, for example look at this video of a completely stock EP3 going totally sideways:

The arb and FRSU will make the car feel better to drive, your turn in and steering feel will be improved along with body control during cornering. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

This is my set up if you are looking for a decent road set up that won't make your tyres wear out in 3k miles:

By Leejay-B
Ah thanks for the advice.

Considering these further down the line now.

Yeah driving style comes into play, not like I will be provoking it or driving like a complete arse.

Better feel, steering and flatter cornering will feel good all the time, not just hard driving.
By D4Z3D
burridge1984 wrote:
Better feel, steering and flatter cornering will feel good all the time, not just hard driving.
You hit the nail on the head here, the car feels better all the time, not just when you are going quickly. Just bear in mind that to get a FRSU you need adjustable camber arms for the rear and adjustable camber bolts for the front.

Front:
http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car ... a-dc5.html

Rear:
http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car ... r-ep3.html

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car ... ype-r.html

I just linked the tegiwa site to show you what parts you would need. Different manufacturers make the bolts and camber arms so you can shop around for what you want.
By Leejay-B
Fitted Tegiwa intake. Fiddly!

Spent along time lining it up, still a slight rattle at low revs, very minor but annoying anyway... thinking of removing heat shield.

Low throttle inputs you can almost imagine the car is standard.

BUT - heavy throttle in combination with exhaust it sounds great. Mid revs its loud and bassy, and fills the cabin with energy, then get to vtec crossover and wham the sound of vtec and revs hits hard... so so so worth it.
By Leejay-B
Need to adjust it before pictures.

The engine bay bonnet rubber has marked the box at the front, and then noticed some people cut that rubber section away and so have done that now. Not normally a sticker fan but think I need to add one to cover the blemish up.

Got to take kit out to remove heatshield too - thinking of running without it due to very slight rattle, which has also marked kit at side. Luckily this is hard to see.

Another hour of fiddling I reckon.
By Leejay-B
I felt same as you after a year with the 130i, missed the manic type r and had to have another.

130i was fast and trouble free, just didn't get under my skin like my tuned fn2 or r53 mini.
By fuzzylogic
burridge1984 wrote:Solid fabrications manifold and sports cat. Great mos to add with K100 remap I believe.

Want the ease of MOTs and legality for emissions and insurance etc.

Maybe a few bhp less than decat but seem to be good results on group buy thread.

Cant wait for this to be fitted. Add Tegiwa intake and catback Im hoping for a great mid range and top end.

Hoping for fitting and mapping mid to late April.
Also going for engine mount inserts to reduce cracking risk (even though it has a flexi section).
Let us know how well this does for your EP3. I could do with one of those for mine. Does it have to be mapped or can it be used on standard EP3??
By Leejay-B
Mapping now Tuesday 5th May, cant wait!

Slight issue with Tegiwa intake rattle annoying me like mad, tempted to put standard airbox back in and hope Teg catback exhaust plus solid fab mani is loud enough for me.
By Leejay-B
Budget is stopping RBC I'm afraid.

Next remedy is sponge at back of kit, but this may force it back in contact with bonnet again.

Love tegiwa sound aside from vibrations.

Will solid fab Mani and engine mount inserts bring much more noise?
By *nub*
I posted in the other thread. RBC might be the difference between 235bhp and up to 250bhp, but it's up to you. Not even sure how well the solid fab mani will perform, saw some years ago and didn't like the look of them... You got a sports car with it?
Ask Paul at tdi North how many of those inserts you should fit, I've only got fitted to the rear mount and tell him you want the idle RPM raised. When I brought mine in first thing he said was the tegiwa M was sitting too high so he may be able to advise on this too. Sometimes having things tighter increases vibration.
By Leejay-B
Lol bonnet shuts, but has rubbed top side of kit, was caused by scuttle tidy as now that removed it does not rub. Searched and found rare but some other owners had this. I suppose the tegiwa box may have variations in build and resin thickness.

Yeah sports cat with solid fab Mani, pics on here looks good IMO with well designed elongated pipe's. K100 yeah.

Thought RBC would be circa 5 bhp top end, if more sounds great... Still budget though, maybe consider down the line.

Mount wise tgm advised one side only as well. They suggest front one to save that one splitting as they say that is becoming common on older ep3s, where rear mount doesn't split.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]