The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
Hi All

haven't updated this for a while, purely because I haven't been driving the civic at all this year really!

My misses had a small car accident so ive been driving the hire car for a month while shes been working in Europe, I quite often take her car anyway as its a lot nicer to drive than the civic.

Took the civic to work this morning for a run, missed driving it to be honest! parked it up and took a few snaps as although it is covered in a months worth of dust from the farm next door, it still has a deep gloss shine and good reflections. iPhone pics unfortunately, I do need to invest in a decent camera soon.

really want the type-r stickers and badges back on the car now, also once i complete on our new house (hopefully in april!) i will get some coilovers and wheels..

Jake
krisricey wrote:Looks great mate, look forward to seeing you on the roads around Sussex somewhen :)
I am waiting to complete on our house in Crawley, so depending on where you are, I might see you around one day

Added in 1 minute 36 seconds:
LG87 wrote:Love this thread, i'm a big detailer myself and love seeing the corrections. Car looks great mate!
thank you mate ! I love detailing, just not when its cold outside :lol: my missus Mini will be back from repair/paint next week from bmw so no doubt ill be correcting the paint on it again !
thanks all

This weekend I decided to clean up my wheel arches, removed all the arch liners (binned the rears) I then scrubbed away the Flaky surface rust and then hot jet washed them out to remove all the muck and grime. I de-tarred them and again hot jet washed them out.

I left them for an hour then I dried them out with the airline to ensure a completely dry surface. I applied clear applied Waxoil, smooth black Hammerite direct to rust paint and finished with black stonechip guard.

The arches look much better now, not that they were that bad anyway! At least the car is fully protected now, underneath, arches, behind the bumpers and of course the paint :D

I also removed all the slider pins and gave them a going over with the wire wheel and then re greased them before they went back in.

I will upload the pictures later on.

Jake
By SurreyEP3
Drivers rear before :

Drivers rear after :

Drivers front before :

Drivers front after :

Added in 6 minutes 8 seconds:
Passenger front before :

Passenger front after :

Passenger rear before :

Passenger rear after :

The very top of the front strut tower was not finished with stonechip because I didn't want to spray the springs and dampers with it.
Luckily I don't live in a salt band of the country, so they can wait until I fit new suspension at a later date for there stonechip coating.
By SurreyEP3
little beauty flewing threw its MOT last week, first car ever to go threw an MOT without any advisories :lol: always something silly like play in a bush or something or tyres uneven wear...

I will be getting the car back to fully standard so i will be looking for the following soon.

standard colour centre console
premier recaros
silver spark plug cover
silver inlet manifold cover

Jake

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]