The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By SurreyEP3
[youtube][/youtube]Hi all

I'm new to this forum so i thought i would share my civic with you all, this is my second ep3 premier edition that i have owned

my last few cars were

Volkswagen Golf GTi MK5 edition 30 - REVO stage 2 334hp 341ftlb
Honda Civic Type R EP3 Premeir edition - stanadard
Volkswagen Golf Golf MK4 R32 - stage 2 260hp 25ftlb
Honda Civic Type R EP3 Premier edition - 225hp

the day i got it

I got up early and gave her a much needed clean, After a good foaming, 2 bucket clean and claying the car I uncovered its terrible paint

Last edited by SurreyEP3 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:56 am, edited 27 times in total.
By SurreyEP3
I was determined to sort that out that day so out came the DA and some tough 3M products

the next morning I made a few changes, removed mods that i didn't like and refitted OEM parts. I also found up in the shed some LED bulbs that I had spare from my Cosmic EP3

I then set about smartning up the engine bay as it looked pretty bad and the horrible looking mods where bugging me, so I removed them and painted the engine cover matt black

Parts removed:

Spoon engine torque damper
Aem V2 short ram intake
Buddyclub condenser
Mugen socks
kevlar spark cover

I know the bay looks dirty, its needs a good clean and its on my "to do list"
Last edited by SurreyEP3 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SurreyEP3
I fully stripped out the rear of the car. I'm looking at fully stripping the car minus the dash

Whilst I still had a hour of sunshine left I removed the Civic rear boot badge

A quick spec of the car as it stands

Engine

JDM DC5 inlet manifold
DC 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
Hondata OEM airbox with panel filter
AEM high pressure fuel rail
Millers Nanodrive oil

Suspension

Showa dampers with OEM springs
Skunk2 rear tie brace
Rota Torque wheels

Braking

OEM rebuilt callipers
oem pagid discs and pads

Interior

Fully stripped interior
Mitsubishi Evo 8 Recaro seats
OEM headunit
In-Phaze speakers

All comments welcome
Last edited by SurreyEP3 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By SurreyEP3
simon_typer wrote:Looks great Jake [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Must catch up soon.

Plans sound great. Looking to do some track days with it? (stripped out rear)

Si
Hi Si

yeah mate defo catch up soon, didnt fit the suspension this weekend as it was way to cold and ive had to buy new callipers for the rear so will do it all at once.

im wanting to do a few this year as i never did any in the mk5. just need a few extra mods/tweaks and she'll be ready.

waiting for a guy to get back to me regarding seats then i can sell the premier recaro's
By martin_jk
Nice car mate, looks really tidy, can't believe how well the paint has come up after a polish! I think I need to invest in a das6 [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By martin_jk
That's always the most rewarding bit seeing the blue flake when the sun hits it! Would you recommend the 3m Polish then mate? I know nhb paint is very soft isn't it!
By NPyke
SurreyEP3 wrote:
NPyke wrote:Does look clean, a NHB premier would be the colour id go for next!
thanks nick, dont buy a bike mate, get another ep3....perhaps JRSC :cool:
Too late, callipers are sold now so no going back! haha
By SurreyEP3
Yeah mate I've used 3m products on my last few cars. The 3m compound (green) is quite aggressive and tough so just make sure you use a less aggressive pad. And slower speeds as the honda Paint is very soft and you'll burn lovely marks into it lol. Just a good wash, clay, super resin polish and your own choice of sealant and wax afterwards will do the trick perfectly but you'll be there days removing swirls (deep) by hand. Do what I did and buy a bonnet from the scrap yard and practise on that and if your bird or mother inlaw had a crap car practise on that too [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By SurreyEP3
NPyke wrote:
SurreyEP3 wrote:
NPyke wrote:Does look clean, a NHB premier would be the colour id go for next!
thanks nick, dont buy a bike mate, get another ep3....perhaps JRSC :cool:
Too late, callipers are sold now so no going back! haha
The spoon callipers or have you decided to break the car? What bike you getting
By martin_jk
SurreyEP3 wrote:Yeah mate I've used 3m products on my last few cars. The 3m compound (green) is quite aggressive and tough so just make sure you use a less aggressive pad. And slower speeds as the honda Paint is very soft and you'll burn lovely marks into it lol. Just a good wash, clay, super resin polish and your own choice of sealant and wax afterwards will do the trick perfectly but you'll be there days removing swirls (deep) by hand. Do what I did and buy a bonnet from the scrap yard and practise on that and if your bird or mother inlaw had a crap car practise on that too [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Nice one mate, I actually know someone who has an old bonnet I could practice on, good thinking! appreciate the help [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] I'll look into getting some 3m Polish & a das6 pro then, just need some good weather to do it in then haha
By SurreyEP3
Kieran_CTR wrote:Wow lad! That came out gleaming! What did u use to get it out like that after using clay bar? Always loved NHB with dc5 wheels [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] can't wait to see how it looks after some great ideas u have :wink:
Thanks man ! I snow foam, wash (2 bucket method ), dry, clay , rinse , dry 3m fast cut plus compound with the das6, jetseal109 sealant then collinite wax. I use rain-X on all the glass then seal the wheels [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
I want rid of the rota torque mates for some evo wheels or TD pro race lol
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]