The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By wHAmEz
We are all waiting HURRY UUUUP [THUMBS UP SIGN][WINKING FACE]
If you're in control you're just not going fast enough
By akaTheDon
Wow, your type r is awesome! Love the colour choice.

I just wanted to ask, I have recently fitted the skunk2 megapower cat back to my EP3 and I have quite a bit of vibrations and knocking, did you ever solve yours?

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
By OliMilanoRed
Yeah I had vibrations and knocking. It was a bit of a ball ache to get to fit and sit properly. Had to take a hammer to a section of the pipe and bash it flat so it would fit properly. It bangs on your LCA's/Rear ARB a lot if you are lowered too far (I.E more than 30mm.) and just hates water. It takes while to settle in as well, a lot of the vibration I experienced went away after a month or so.
By akaTheDon
OliMilanoRed wrote:Yeah I had vibrations and knocking. It was a bit of a ball ache to get to fit and sit properly. Had to take a hammer to a section of the pipe and bash it flat so it would fit properly. It bangs on your LCA's/Rear ARB a lot if you are lowered too far (I.E more than 30mm.) and just hates water. It takes while to settle in as well, a lot of the vibration I experienced went away after a month or so.
Thanks for the info dude, Yea mine is lowerd 30mm, which section did you hit with a hammer, It feels so wrong to do that to a brand new exhaust ,

When you say it was hard to get it to fit and sit properly do you mean that it's hard to get it to sit nicely in the center of the bumper?, my exhaust sits slightly to the left in the exhaust cut out, I wish I could get it centered, does yours sit to the left?

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
By OliMilanoRed
I forget which part we took a hammer to but it was so it would stop rubbing/banging against the car and just fit better in general. I doubt this is necessary for every exhaust, just one of those things.
By OliMilanoRed
Some more progress. Will also be threatening the bodyshop I went to with court if they don't rectify every problem with the car within 14 days. The job they have done is beyond shocking. Damaged the underside of the car. They have broken the wing mirror glass on the driver side of the car and rear window panels have dents on both sides. Paint is peeling off of the arches, boot, bumper and inner door sills. I am so done and never making this much effort with a car ever again. I wanted to turn this into something special and I've been royally flip over. This is what a 3.2k spray job gets you. Flipping ball ache.

By Jktaylor87
Sorry to hear about your troubles mate. It's looking amazing from what I can see. Don't give up. Glad to see your not accepting any sh-t from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By wHAmEz
Keep your head up mate. It'll get sorted[THUMBS UP SIGN]
If you're in control you're just not going fast enough
By OliMilanoRed
I've written him a letter asking for a full refund. If he doesn't it is going to small claims court. Haven't decided what I'm doing with it, too bumed out to care at the moment.
By OliMilanoRed
Had a sprayer/detailer round today to look at it and It got a quick polish off of him to cheer me up. Still needs a proper detail next week though. But it's all back together now, just need to rectify a couple of things and can drive it. Fortunately its shininess distracts from all of its problems but luckily 90% of them can be fixed so that's good. I like to call it a 10 yard car at the moment. I wonder if any of you can spot the problems still on show.

By matt ep
Looks awesome oli! Stick with it mate. Don't let it take the away anything from your dream of what you want the car to be. Colour looks awesome from where I'm sat...for a 10 yard car.

Added in 1 minute 4 seconds:
Oh and what size JR's have you got? Offset?
By OliMilanoRed
Still on going with court, the fool is ignoring everything that is sent to him by me or the small claims court. Anyway, making the best of it. had it detailed by a pro. He was proper shocked at the condition of it but he worked absolute wonders on it. It will never be perfect show car condition, or how I ever envisioned it to be but it is a lot better. My first ever car show coming up on the 28th. Scarecited.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]