The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can brag away boys (and girls)
By w6ady
What type are the innovative mounts pal 75a? I have the 60a on my car and your right apart from the extra vibrations they transform the car for the better everything feels so tight.
By ADRi NH674P
Hi Doug.

Still waiting for the dyno. Hopefully in two weeks everything will be fitted and tuned.

I've already readen your problem. Sounds odd as lots of people are running that header on its ep3, but maybe those 10mm of the K24 are making the difference.

I suppose you specified it was for a 24 when you ordered it, didn't you?
By ADRi NH674P
Last week I noticed some kind of fluid under my car. It was oil. Got a leak somewhere near the oil radiador.

It ended up being a hole on the radiator due to a stone.

Left the car yesterday on the mechanic to install everything (cams, oil pump, oil pan, injectors, exhaust headers, full 3" exhaust and dyno) and obviously to repair the oil leak with a new radiador.

Hope to have it ready on next week's Friday.
By ADRi NH674P
Sad news :lol:

ASP header doesn't fit on the ep3 with the full k24 engine (block and head) so will be for sale sooner or later.

I'm pretty sure it will fit ep3s with k20 and k24/k20 engines, and obviously, any dc5.

So to fix the problem, we will be building a header from scratch according to my engine specs :twisted:

Appart from that, a steering rack raiser and hardrace extended rcas are being installed in order to fix the bump steer on bumpy roads, plus suspension is being adjusted to see if we can achieve a 50/50 weight distribution.
By EvoStu
Hell of a build thread. Dedication mate. Thumbs up.
By ADRi NH674P
Today finally picked up the car after two weeks (for tomorrows trackdays as it's already paid) so it must be finished yes or yes...

Just got the headers and the exhaust done, nothing big. Still waiting for the cams, pump, pan, injectors etc to be installed and car tuned, but at least I can hear the engine sing again.

Here's a little clip.

I personally love it, plus it has its CE stamp for MOTs, etc so really happy with it.
By ADRi NH674P
And that's the result of yesterdays trackdays [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

No more MOT friendly tyres.

Will upload some videos this week.
By ADRi NH674P
Tyres were slowly giving up lap after lap... even more when really hot after some laps, but that's what could be done... Next time will run the slicks for sure, as weather prevision for Sunday said it would rain... :evil:

BTW, before viewing the videos I must apologize for the awful recording method I used... I totally forgot to activate the spot meter and that's the result... can't hardly see anything outside of the car.

Last edited by ADRi NH674P on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ADRi NH674P
Yes nub, stock ep3 gearbox except for the wavetrac.

Can't be appreciated on the video but 99% of the shiftings were done at 7k. Until cams are installed going up to 8k has no sense.
By *nub*
thinking about 4.7 FD on my FN2 that will be supercharged and similar torque to your setup, what do you reckon? I mean you wouldn't put a shorter FD in yours right? :P
By ADRi NH674P
No, I personally wouldn't... but I don't think there is much difference between a 4.7 and a 5.1 tbh, is it? Maybe a bit more wheel spin on lower gears but definitely faster acceleration from 4th to 6th, specially 6th for daily driving.
By ADRi NH674P
Just wanna say to anyone reading this that A048s have become slicks, and surprisingly grip more than ever on the road :twisted:

Think they are one of the few tyres on the market with such quality rubber that grip more without thread than with, as there is more tyre contact on the road.

Just be careful on rainy days :mrgreen:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]